Which boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 21074

Reaction score
I have been looking to upgrade my 1440m and since I fish rocky river by home I was looking at jets and welded boats.I only want a 15 ft preferably due to parking in garage and I just don’t really need a bigger boat.By myself 99% of the time.Trying to find an open concept type like a crappie special you might see with seating in middle and I also want to do remote up front in middle.Everything I see come with steering on the side and nearer back of boat.I have been trying to look for a steering mount for small boats and dinghy.Found a nice one on eBay but pricey.Also found a cheap one on boatstogo.com..Need the right boat first then prefer a 40/30 jet also..thanks

Yes the Alweld 1548 would work ,but I do not want stick steer.I would like to put a steering console in front of the front seat.Not sure if a dealer would really want to do that.That boat has the 40hp rating I would want.Would like to see the Alweld in person before just ordering.

The Extreme boat is nice also but I want the traditional flat front, it could be an option…

Thanks for the help..Been trying to look for a used boat but most are 16 foot bass trackers that keep popping up..Saw an old Bass Attacker for sale cheap which is 16 ft tiller model with no motor and would probably work with its set up but may need new plywood.Takes a 35hp.

Oh, I gotcha. Alwelds are pretty versatile. Typically dealers keep a few on hand but I think for the bulk of their business they order the boat you want at the dealer and then when it arrives from the factory the dealer rigs it out for you. A forward mounted center console seems like something they could easily do.

Ok…I don’t get the side steering?Especially near the back.Seems the weight would not be balanced,that is why Iwant something centered and nearer the front.By myself most times and the weight of a 40hp jet gas,batteries if they are in rear would make the boat heavy in the back.I am only 190# on a bad day and was told by a dealer moving steering would balance things out better.Brother had an 1991 Sea Nymph TX162 I believe it was for many years with factory steeeri g in front and his buddy still has an exact boat from early 90’s and they loved them.Only complaint my brother had was some splashing on rougher water.Wide open concept with center seating..I almost bought it but didn’t want a 16’ boat.

Latest posts