WHICH wiring Harness for a 1957 FDE-11 JOHNSON 18HP Electric Start??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

Do any of you have the correct parts number to order a complete OEM-style wiring harness & control box/cables to run an FDE-11 from "up front"??
(I've found a VERY EARLY 14.5 foot X 42" beam bass-boat, maybe 1955-58 & TEXAS-built in Three Rivers, TX, for 75 bucks, "looking UNLOVED & out in the weeds" in Bandera, TX & "just can't resist the temptation" to restore it. = The AOMCA data plate says 20HP maximum, so the 18-horse should be fine for a "perch-jerking", i/e., dedicated crappie rig for "small water",)

I'm also looking for an E-Z lever-style steering system for the little boat. - The one that's in it is FUBAR (due to rust). = IF you know of a source for an "old-stock" lever steering set-up, please advise.

yours, tex

To All,

Does NOBODY have a Master Parts Book for 1957 OMC outboards?? - I figured that I'd get the correct answer the same day.

yours, tex

May not be exactly what you're looking for, but this article covers a great deal on the control boxes and cable setup for that range of motors.
https://www.duckworksmagazine.com/03/columns/max/04/part1.htm

We are so sorry for not giving you instant gratification on your request! ............... Not.
The harness in question is a triangular shaped 3-terminal harness. Although I do not have the part number in front of me I know that it is no longer available and has been so for a long time.
However, you can go to Nymarine.ca and order a reproduction one. P/N 376871. Looks like it is $175.

Pappy; Frankenfish,

Actually, I'm NOT that impatient, normally. - I thought one of our forum's members would have an OMC Master Parts Book at his fingertips. = I have one someplace but now (after turning my cottage upside down) believe that it must be in the storage room at my adopted family's plantation house in Spartanburg County, SC.
(Lots of my things were left there, when I had to come to TX on what I thought would be a "short trip" to take care of a college chum & dear friend, who is now an invalid.- The GOOD NEWS is that Sandra is still very much alive & VERY SLOWLY getting better.)

THANKS, Gents.

yours, tex

Know the feeling on the second part of your writings.
Lesa and I just made a trip down to see one of the most "Can-do" men I have ever met. We ride with him and do antique outboards with him as well. His work and workmanship is stellar.
At 76 he had his complete stomach removed from cancer. Had a 20% survival rate. Was on the upswing and getting healthy then they found cancer in a lung. He is now in hospice care with a strong will to survive. Like yourself and your trip, I felt the need to get down there and see him.
On your harness again, I have used NyMarine on several occasions. Twice for wire harnesses. His workmanship on the harnesses is pretty amazing.

Pappy,

THANKS MUCH for your help & BEST WISHES to your friend, who is in hospice care.
(FYI, one of my boarding school chums has been "IN HOSPICE CARE" for over 30 MONTHS & seems to NOT be sinking any more. - Doctors do NOT know everything.)

yours, tex

Latest posts