would this work for replacing wood flooring/decking ???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KHaus41369

Reaction score
im beginging to do some work on my boat and I came across this at both Home Depot and Lowes. I know the greenish pressure treated wood you dont use in aluminum boats but has anyone checked into or researched this product yet??? i have done my best to look around here and have not found any threads on it I'm curious about it and yes water does bead when it is poured on it.
Its called DriPly sturd-i-floor. its 23/23 4x8 sheets but tongue and groove. I think i included a link below

https://www.homedepot.com/p/23-32-4...-I-Floor-439058/202522977?N=bqm7#.UXCEHKLrzqw

That's just your avg ¾" tongue and groove sub floor panels. It's been treated with a product similar to a low grade Thompsons water seal. It's only designed to repel water for a few months so it's not like you won't have to treat it if you decide to use it in your boat. The whole idea behind it is to keep the wood from getting water damage before the house construction progresses far enough to keep it dry.

Ok thanks...I wasnt sure if it was something new and fancy or something like your saying. I already am doing the better grade plywood and spar varnish for the front area of the bow where the TM mounts. I want to redo it for the new MK PV2 im installing plus a hideaway to store the pedal instead of the lil plastic glove box.

I sprayed on Thompson sealer on my deck boards and nothing else, thats been 5yrs ago.

They are still as strong as the day I put them in, I take them out 2 to 3 times a season to clean the boat out, no water stains, no rot no nothing-everything is still on my boat build from the day I finished, nothing has failed or shows signs of failing yet.

Now my trailer? thats another story, lol

Latest posts