Yamaha 9.9 two stroke slow stall

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowejumbo14

Reaction score
I have a 1993 Yamaha 9.9 two stroke that I got with a Duranautic 13. I removed a cleaned the carb, replace the fuel pump and cleaned the fuel filter. At speed this motor is fantastic, it puts the boat on a plane fast, and pushes it up to about 22 mph with two people on board. But when it is at idle or slower speeds it sometimes stalls when in gear. Do I near to increase the slow speed idle or is there another adjustment I need to make? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0666.jpeg
    IMG_0666.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 0
It is possible that adjusting the idle speed may help with the stalling issue. This can typically be done by turning a screw located on the throttle linkage.

Last edited:
There should be a recomended idle speed (rpm) if it slower, the adjust to get it right...to fast of an idle speed with cause issues shifting gears. If idle speed is correct and it idles rough then the carb needs a rebuild and thorough cleaning !! Some have a low speed idle mixture screw, not sure about yours. A general carb cleaning rarely works well, rebuild with a kit to get it set up the right way !!

Latest posts