Yamaha F50 to F60

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckethead

Reaction score
Has anyone converted their F50 to a F60? I have a 2018 F50, it runs good but if I can get that extra 10 hp out of it I’m gonna. I searched and found a YouTube video of this for a 2008 model, I think. The guy said the bore and stroke were the same, it just needs the airflow restrictor removed and replace the ECU with one from a 60. I’d like to see something from newer motors. I did find that the bore, stroke and displacement are identical between the F50 and F60. Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Go to marineengine.com and pull up the parts list for your motor, compare it to a 60hp.. chances are it will be the same scenario as the 2008.

Sent from my SM-A526W using Tapatalk

Lots of work for 10hp and mabey 2 mph more speed. Sometimes it can just be the quality of tune on your motor. My neighbor and I have very similiar 16' aluminum side consol boats, mine is about 150-200 lbs heavier than his due to 3 group 31 batteries to his one group27. My Merc 4 cylinder 40 hp tops out at 31.5 mph by gps but his 50 hp only gets 27-28 mph by gps. Some motors are just faster than others

Oh I get it. I’m not going to do anything until I find the ECU from a 60. I’m looking but not very hard.

Latest posts