2014 Alumacraft mv16:

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I'm trying to figure out…he mentions getting cans of foam. To my understanding, that's essentially a hard sponge; however, I hope I'm wrong..

Very Un-Sponge like... Doesnt seem to be suckin' it up...
I will letcha know in 24hrs what she weighs

Attachments

• CAM00608.jpg
    CAM00608.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,033
  • CAM00606.jpg
    CAM00606.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,033
Great build thread, the more time you spend in the boat the more you will find exactly what you need and in what spots accommodate the best, looking forward to seeing more progress.

Thx. Appreciate it.

As for the foam weighin: it is a gram heavier, but Im thinking its actual water particles, because I didnt want to shake off or squeeze the sample pre scale.

As for GoodStuff "soaking up water like a sponge"; no it doesnt. That comments not true.

Attachments

• CAM00616.jpg
    CAM00616.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 988
I have seen that foam used before and it was fairly water resistant.

It basically came down to whether it was cut or sanded to fit spaces after it hardened. It creates a protective coating when it hardens that keeps water out.

I saw a study for the good stuff and it was .083% or something resistant which is good but it does absorb water over time.

Its all good.
Took my buddy from work out for a couple hrs this morning, and brought back two keeper reds... back at the ramp by 0830!
His first time saltwater fishin...
He was stoked.

Attachments

• CAM00615.jpg
    CAM00615.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 987
Luckily we beat all the storms around us...
Its been rainin in the TampaBay area for a few days straight.

cool experiment you did! I'm not sure if salt water would react differently. Can you do a test of salt water?

As for the salt water, i will hafta bring some home next time... And yes i will retest slicing in half, although i get what your getting at....
I didnt show a pic of the otherside of the sample piece, which was the open foamd end....

Here are the two sides...
I put the side that ithought would absorb the best down...

Attachments

• CAM00623.jpg
    CAM00623.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 572
  • CAM00622.jpg
    CAM00622.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 572

Latest posts