2014 Alumacraft mv16:

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a 1648 ncs on the way, be here Sunday. I'm looking for the hatch that covers the gas tank and battery, I see it on the all welds that have the same set up but I can't find one for the riveted. Ever see anything like that around!?!

Naw, I haven't.

Ive decided to go with plywood and carpet vs welded sheet. Its just so doggone hot you wouldnt believe...
...note to self: TinBoats get hot in summer!
Plus carpet under bare feets kinda nice...
StainlessSteel screws to attach it are needed tho...
I got everything I needed including the marine/outdoor adhesive at a local biggie box store...

Heres the first panel:

Attachments

• CAM00583.jpg
    CAM00583.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,067
More pictures!

With all the rain in our area this past week it has been hard to get out. It looks like more and more rain in the future also.

Yeah buddy.
Good weekend to be a duck eh?
Ive gotten plenty o rain here, in Brandon.

Heres the s.s. screws:

Attachments

• CAM00591.jpg
    CAM00591.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,044
  • CAM00590.jpg
    CAM00590.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,044
Heres the first panel...
I used LoctitePowerGrab on the ribs before the panel was laid, and screwed down

Attachments

• CAM00584.jpg
    CAM00584.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,043
Thanks.
I also used the PowerGrab where the carpetted panel meets the sides of the boat to ensure the water tightness.

Got any wide angle shots so we can see the whole floor down in the boat?

What's the aim with a water-tight seal? Wanting to try to keep debris from getting under the floor and impeding flow of water to the bilge area?

Nice job - tight fit. I know when I did my floor I left a small bit of room for water but I would rather have it snug.

YesSir.
I keep this boat in my garage when not in use, and Ive already had the fortune of smelling decomposing baitfish in it, thus the floor takeout..

Plus carpets alot more comfy vs raw metal!

Attachments

• CAM00598.jpg
    CAM00598.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,038
Im using blue painters tape to try to keep the adhesive off the carpet... It works.

Attachments

• CAM00597.jpg
    CAM00597.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,034
  • CAM00596.jpg
    CAM00596.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,034
  • CAM00600.jpg
    CAM00600.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,034
Ive got the second section ready for install after work today... Im letting the drain fitting cure into the panel. (Epoxy) ...floor drain

Im gettin excited! I can get back out onda water!

Hey man if you ever want to do some freshwater fishing let me know. I head out a couple days during the week and could meet you for some bass fishing.

LeftCoast,

What brand of carpet adhesive did you use? Also, what space spreader did you apply it with?

HeavyHook: I dont really get into freshwater fishin all that much, I do appreciate the offer tho...
Im over here on the SouthShore... I do PortManatee, PineyPoint, CockroachBay, LilManny river, Alafia, BullFrogCreek, yada yada yada

If your ever out this way, or plannin on it, lemme know...
Ive got a few honey holes over here... ;)

Gimme a heads up.... snookie season opens sept 1st BTW... I will bring one home :)

Attachments

• CAM00603.jpg
    CAM00603.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 971
  • CAM00602.jpg
    CAM00602.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 971
The spreader was on the same shelf there...
I trashed it the other day, although i shouldve saved it...

LCA

Thanks for the feedback. Curious if you had any glue bleed through the carpet.

I had used the TEC brand previously, but that was before Lowe's upgraded to the marine grade, like you have. When it got wet (I mean really wet, not drops), the glue seemed to come up through the carpet.

Nope. No bleeding through...
I actually was really happy with it, or this version of it...
Went on thin, let it set for a few minutes to develop some real tackiness, then carpet..