Motor Swap

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seon

Reaction score
I decided to swap motors out from a Merc 50 hp 4 stroke to a Yamaha 115 hp 4 stroke on my Bayrunner Baja.

Eventually everything on deck has to be removed from the boat to gain access to replace the wiring, cables and hoses.

410924772.jpg

410924776.jpg

410924775.jpg

Will post pics as project progress.

There's probably a conduit running under the deck that the cables and lines are in.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
There's probably a conduit running under the deck that the cables and lines are in.

Your Sir are correct. When I started pulling, the shift/accelerator cables got hung up so decided to remove the deck and inspect what's under there.

Are we having fun yet?? :lol:

410927728.jpg

I had to wait for parts that I ordered to be delivered but they finally all arrived. While the Bayrunner was motor-less, I decided to tow it to town and have all the holes tig welded from the previous transducers and paddle wheels that were mounted.
Still have to connect all the wires, hydraulic hose and cables then re-install the T-top and other accessories but I'm getting there.
Hopefully will be completed by this Friday.

410989916.jpg

No surprises. Clean bilge and the cables, wiring and hydraulic hoses were easy to remove and new replacement installed. This boat was very well kept by the previous owner.

Latest posts