River boat project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACAMS

Reaction score
I am building an Xpress 1546 for my local river fishing and such, thought I would post progress here.

I am not gonna do too much until after Christmas.

Here is the boat

Flat-001.jpg

I acquired a 1968 55 HP Johnson short shaft for a donor motor and used a Evinrude Hustler for the rest

003.jpg

This is what it will look like when finished.

75Hustler.jpg

Motor disassembled

Flat-004.jpg

Nice neat spare parts corner :)

Flat-005.jpg

I will post progress later.

55hp on a 1546? even with it being crank-rated & not prop-rated that's still a seriously heavy & powerful motor @ the back of a little boat!

Actually, the 55 just donated the mid section and swivel mount ..... the rest is 75 Stinger and Hustler parts!

Got to keep up with my buddy and his 1448 with a 50 Johnson!

Wow! Talk about a thrill ride, you'll sure get to your favorite fishin' spots quick!! :lol:

Keep us posted about your progress, looks like you've got a great boat to trick out to your liking.
BB

Wow. I'm running a 1983 60hp Johnson 2 cylinder on a 16' Alumacraft Classic which I'm sure is a much heavier boat and have to say that you are braver than I am!

JUNK PILE????? ..... I'll have you know ..... OK, it may be a junk pile!

That 150 merc was on my old bass boat and I swear the durn thing was as fast as my 20' Skeeter with a 200 Yammie.

I was gonna put it on my 1994 Bass Tracker Tournament TX 17, but changed my mind.