1957 Lone Star - - - value ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my 1950 for free. With trailer
The guy I got if from got it for free. With trailer.
The guy he got it from paid 200$ with no title. With trailer. He filed for lost title and got it in his name. I contacted him and he said he had no issue giving me the title but come time to meet up he decided he wanted 200$ for his time. ***.

Anyways when it's said and done I suspect I'll have 2500 in it and still will need a gas motor. But boat and trailer will be in awesome shape. I see 14' lone stars in that era on trailers going for anywhere between 500-1500 depending on if it has a motor and how clean it is.

Johnny
I'm no Lone Star expert but I do admire them.
If I had a chance at that one I'd get it.
Good Luck with it.

Bonz_d
I've been watching that Starcraft for a while. But it's out of
My present tax bracket. :(
I live about ten miles from Michigan City If You would want it
looked at.
That would give Me a chance to see it.
And I could make my wife nervous by not telling her I'm checking
for someone else. :LOL2: :LOL2:
P/M me if your interested.

Steve A W

Sorry for chiming in late but been super busy. I picked up a 1950 lone star 16'6" open hull modified V something or other with a sturdy trailer for $600.00 in early November. Its a sound hull with one small leak from a loose rivet just in front of the second seat, it has for benches. Fixed that with so epoxy. The transom had been rebuilt last year and is sound. My 6 HP Suzuki DT6 will shove the boat along at 8 mph with three rather large men aboard. It was stripped down silver but I painted it with camo paint just because. The aluminum is a lot thicker than my old 76 Ouchita flat bottom and its 58 inch beam makes it alot more stable. I'll try to post some pictures.

bilge pump.JPG
control box.JPG

Camo'd it out. Added the LED navigation lights and built a control box out of a water proof Plano ammo box with a bass pro shop switch panel. So far so good. Been freezing cold here and real windy so havent had it out on the water since the day after I got it. Also added the bilge pump drilling with a paddle bit was easy enough. Building flooring for it that I can pull out easy enough for cleaning and maintenance and adding a casting deck with a plug in for a seat when we go cross bowing alligators.

Thanks guys - - - the two Lone Stars that I have looked at,
had paperwork issues so I had to pass. I don't see how people
can advertise boats (or other vehicles) in a public forum for sale stating
"clear title in hand" then in person, to your FACE, say - - -
Oh, I am having a hard time finding the title and I will give you a bill of sale
that you will have NO PROBLEM getting a title at the DMV office.
AARRGGGGHHHHHHH ](*,) &*$^&$^#^%^^&$&&***$#@ ](*,)

sooooooooo anywho, I am working on a 1956 Orlando Clipper 16' Continental
here in Orlando.... but, the seller thinks it is the last one on the planet and it
is platinum coated !!!! AND !! he is having problems "finding the title" LOL LOL LOL
here we go again.

Edit: 01/16 - - - The seller sends me this email:
"Let me figure out this title issue. I can't find it.
I'm now wondering if I ever had it.
I have to make some time to get to the tag office and see what options I have."

can you imagine the GALL someone has to advertise a boat on C/L with "clean title in hand" ????

I lucked out with this one. Seller had all the paper work completed and title in hand. I lost count of all the boats I looked at that said they had the papers but then said the exact same thing, "I'll give you a bill of sale yada yada yada...". I got the trailer and the boat for 600.00 which wasn't a bad deal for Texas. Trying to get a title for a boat that hasn't got a paper trail in Texas is one heart ache after another and it aint gonna happen. Two hour drive was worth it for once.

Hopefully we will draw tags for gators this year and I'll be dragging it down to Lee County, Florida in August.

yeppers !!! it does it does !!

I know there are different strokes for different folks,
But, I really find the '57-58 models the sexiest things ever.

I went to Deltona today to pick up a free RDS-24 only because
it was freeeeee LOL - - - lots of good parts that I can put on e-bay.

My grandfather had a Lonestar for years, and I can tell you that they are very well built boats-right up there with Starcraft-and handle well in a chop. The one you're looking at appears to be structurally sound, just watch out for loose rivets and white rust. The price seems fair enough and I don't personally think you're going to find a much better deal than this.

Johnny----

I have a lone star in my yard thats been there for about 3 years. i believe it is a malabu. Pretty good shape except
it has a few corrosion pin holes under the rear bench. It belongs to my cousin's son. I may fix the leaks for him at some
point if he wants me to----

Was reading your mention of a clipper you tried to get but the owner couldnt find the title.
I bet that was the same one I was looking at in Sanford. The idiot who palced the ad said something like
"dont waste my time-searious inquirys only---- " So how searious was he trying to sell a boat for which he hadnt
even verified he had the title ? Looks like he didnt mind wasting every body else's time did he ..........
That was about a year and a half ago...... It looked like a pretty complete boat and included the top and bows.

Did you ever find a clipper you liked ?

Tim

Hi Tim and WELCOME to our little pond !!

I found a 14' 1959 Lone Star Malibu that has a decent hull with no
dents or bangs in it..... some minor rivet work and it will be good to go. ($200.00)
From the info I found on the ole InnerWeb, the Coronado and Malibu
are the same boats..... the Malibu is the upgraded version with the
windshield and better seats and other bells and whistles.
My future plan is to make it a double cockpit similar to the Admiral.
I also have a 1958 Super Sea Horse 35 to put on the back of it.
I will probably do my '59 Crestliner the same way "eventually".
I have sold my house in Winter Garden and am in the process
of moving - so for now, all fishing and play time is on an indefinite hold.
I have found 3 houses so far in Orlando, Kissimmee and Titusville.
But, for one reason or another, none have come through ......
So, we are still looking for a new nest.

as for the Orlando Clippers on C/L, I found 3 and the sellers were
all JOKES !!! Stupid prices, no title, yada yada yada.
The best one was a boat in Orlando and the owner worked in Cocoa
and was only home on the weekends...... a whole month or more, I tried
to meet him - then he finally said he only has a bill of sale from when he
bought it - - - (he said, "oh"- I thought that is what you meant by "title").

anyways, I now have a nice '59 Malibu WITH a title to play with.
Lone Star 14 002.JPG