It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 15:26
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

bluewaterled

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2011, 20:54 

HELP,, I need to add drain plugs to all three of my tin boats, two Aerocraft's and one Feathercraft. None of them had drain plugs in the transom. What do people recommend me do..........can I buy the aluminum tube with the flared end to put into the transom ....or use the "garboard" (surely spelled wrong) drain plug..........??????

Where to buy the aluminum tube deal ??

I collect old Correct Craft Ski boats, but love all boats. Tin boats fascinate me and I am addicted to them! My current tin fleet consists of ... 47 Aero Craft 12ft Row Motor Boat, 65 Aero Craft 12ft Topper?, and an unknown year (maybe 68) Feather Craft 12ft Topper. The older the better for me!

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2011, 21:12 

tinfanatic wrote:
HELP,, I need to add drain plugs to all three of my tin boats, two Aerocraft's and one Feathercraft. None of them had drain plugs in the transom. What do people recommend me do..........can I buy the aluminum tube with the flared end to put into the transom ....or use the "garboard" (surely spelled wrong) drain plug..........??????

Where to buy the aluminum tube deal ??

http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Drain-Fi ... B0009TQ1EQ

http://www.twinsrecreation.com/fs01594.html

It looks like you can order it. The problem becomes whether or not you have someone weld it to the boat.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2011, 22:37 

I went to my local boat dealer. The were super cheap, like a buck or two and they even let me me use their install tool which worked awesome. Took about two minutes to install two of them perfectly and they snugged up really well. I'd recommend that route if you have that option.

Nussy
1992 15' Mirrocraft
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10751
1980 17; Sea Nymph Traveler
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11365
Mini Pontoon
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18210

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]