Led boat lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riflehunter

Reaction score
Everyone who night fishes knows how bad it is when you don't have any light. I threw these in my boat last year for the hot summer nights of bass and fat fishing. They are ledglow brand from amazon. Not to expensive and are completely water proof and pretty dang bright. Once I wire in switches and Decide what I'm going to do to the rest of the boat I'll actually hard wire. Right now they're just wired to alligator clips.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392961640.765197.jpg

I was thinking of doing the same thing with these....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005EHHLD8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1392992256&sr=8-1

Those would be nice too. I need to redo mine when I rewire because I mounted them on the side of the boat so they point up and blind me and the old lady when they're on

It may be too late, but the amber ones are much easier on the eyes.

Also, if you can attach them so they are under a ledge, to make the light offset, that is much less blinding.

But I'm being picky. Nice lights!

-TH

Well originally they were gonna go in the bed of my pickup, for that they would perfect, but when I bought my new camper shell it had an led dome light in it so I threw them in the boat

Just paint the top half with silver or gray paint. It will leave the bottom light visible. Silver works better because it will relect the light.

I used these
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shoreline-LED-Utility-Strip-Light-White/16606419

13267588174_1d32245249_c.jpg

I have two on the port and starboard side. I'm going to convert the two recessed lights to LED's and add some compartment lights as well

Nice setups!!

I used these:

https://www.oznium.com/rectangle-led-module

Got them in red which keeps them from destroying my night vision and the bugs don't bother them at all. They are plenty bright, waterproof and having survived a full season of waterfowl hunting are tough. I have 4 under the rail on each side of my boat. Just ordered 4 more to extend my lighting further aft and fore.

I picked up 2 strings of amber LED's. Will I be OK to wire them in parallel with the 1 courtesy light I have on the console? Each string is rated at 2 amps or 24 watts.

I was thinking about doing this also, but I have a question.
Here in NC at night the bugs are terrible at night on the water. Do the Amber lights attract them? My Stern light already keeps my face full of them.

Red works great for avoiding bugs, I've got a red LED headlamp and never have bugs in my face when using it, but with it being a marker-light color I don't think you'd want to use it throughout the boat.

See if you can get an amber light for a flashlight and compare how many bugs it draws with a white LED (leave them on sitting on a picnic table one night) - if there's a difference go amber.

Latest posts