1/24/08 Susquehanna river

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
With another weekend locked up with ice, I had no option but to fish a warm water discharge on the Susquehanna river again. The morning started out very slow. I spent the first 4 hours throwing an assortment of bombers, big blade baits, giant tubes, and just about every "big" lure I had, with no toothy takers. The water levels were very low, and costing me alot of tackle. Around 11, I gave up on the musky, and decided to target some smallies. By then, the winds were really kickin my ***. I'm pretty sure the winds were gusting over 30mph which turned the water into a choppy nightmare. Every cast I was missing hookups, or hung up. I was very dissapointed with the weather conditions, but at this place you can always guarentee a fish or 2. I landed about 15 or so smallies. All of which were suprisingly smaller then usually. I guess the crystal clear water, and low conditions made for smaller bites.

16"
Picture1627.jpg

17" The biggest of the day
Picture1629.jpg

Picture1630.jpg

Picture1631.jpg

Picture1633.jpg

WTG on the smallies, you should PM me next time you go there, would like to meet you and wet a line together. I might be going tomorrow morning if I dont go up near the Shamokin Dam.

Jimmy

Latest posts