12 foot sea king boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know if this helpful, but this resto video appears to be the same manufacturer. Not the same year perhaps, but similar manufacturing traits.

Agreed!
That's going to be the same manufacturer in my opinion.
Same rib traits, transom construction, rivet seams, bench brackets, short splash rail, etc.
Too bad the film doesn't discuss who made it. Lol

Last edited:
Agreed!
That's going to be the same manufacturer in my opinion.
Same rib traits, transom construction, rivet seams, bench brackets, short splash rail, etc.
Too bad the film doesn't discuss who made it. Lol

Sure does look the same. OP mentioned the boat originally had wood gunnels that were replaced by the previous owner. Would that help narrow it down?

Sure does look the same. OP mentioned the boat originally had wood gunnels that were replaced by the previous owner. Would that help narrow it down?
Indeed it would if one could only find the supporting documents or another known boat.

Off the top of my head, I'm only aware of Crestliner, Traveler, and Sea Nymph using the wooden gunnels.
I suppose Sea Nymph is still in play here, but it's definitely not Crestliner and I'm not seeing any of the usual Traveler traits.
But of course, there were dozens of short-lived post-war companies and Wards was known to buy up random lots so it doesn't necessarily have to be one of the majors.
(Also, if the video boat is indeed a 1962, that speaks to it being from a longer-run company, too - which is even more frustrating, frankly. lol)

The laundry list of unique characteristics continues to pile up on this boat. It's driving me crazy. lol

Last edited:
There she is, Beagle!! You hot dog, you!

shoo. Thank goodness. Maybe I can sleep tonight.

Wow.
a freaking Trailorboat. I never would've gotten that.
But lookie here...right on the Fiberglassics history write-up...."made some boats for Mongomery Wards"

Trailerboat.jpg

Absolutely I can definitely seen some of the strong similarities in the pictures. I knew that someone would be able solve the mystery boat. Thank you everyone for your information and help