• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

14’ semi V Lone Star Fisherman wanted

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasWaterSafari

Reaction score
Hello in the early 60’s Bill George paddled a 12’ foot semi V 14’ Lone Star from San Marcos Texas to Corpus Christi. He did it as a publicity stunt for the City. It was successful and got picked up by Life magazine and had world wide media coverage.

This turned into a race the next year. It was a big success with parades and astronauts etc. The race continues to this day, albeit shortened to 265 miles and has carbon fiber/ Kevlar boats.

I spoke to Bill several years ago and he told me the boat he used. I would like to acquire one and recreate his original journey as a fund raiser for the San Marcos River Foundation and then donate the boat to the Texas Water Safari organization. I have done the race several times and would like to give something back to the River and race that has given back to me.

Please let me know if you can help me locate such a boat.

Mike