14 foot flat bottom aka "ye olde salt" finished

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freaking nice Devil Dog -

Were you going to mount a seat on the front area there or use the bench on the front for seating? Ye Olde Salt looks like it going to be a Fish destroyer.

appreciate it. no im putting a seat up there. im waiting till next paycheck to buy the mount. short on cash. the wife wants me to leave it bare so she can tan up there, but i've got bigger things to catch. the back seat isnt done either....thats why i didnt include it in the pic. seeing the finished portion without the unfinished back boosts my moral

Bro - you got a kick *** vessel - just think of the fish your going to haul in with that thing.

Taking foam out of your rear seat will not affect your bouyancy. Taking foam out of the seat will only affect the boat when it is full of water, then it will affect the bouyancy.

Looking at your front deck it looks like the deck is above the outside of the hull and if something was on the deck it looks like it could just slide off the side.

Keep up the good work.

i know huntin, i already said that. i'm gonna fix it. although i dont plan on having anything up there, it just bothers me. i'm pretty much trying to get all the stuff done so i can take it out, and then work the kinks out later. the support sit's right on a rib. so im gonna have to pull the deck off, take the bottom supports out and cut an L shape out of the bottom so they sit even and drop em like an inch and a half. i just didnt take the carpet into consideration when measuring. it added an inch almost. but i appreciate everyone. i am waiting on the part on the motor, so i can take it out once i get it but i still have a few things to do

I may have over looked it but did you camo the boat or was that how you got it? Thats an interesting scheme.

no i cammoed it. it isnt up to specs to our scout snipers, but, that's where i learned it from. mine's really made to look cooler than actually be camoflaged. i could make it much more legit, but it doesnt look bad. i've added green since that picture, it looks better, ill get a pic up asap. I probably should have showed how i did that. it's a real inexpensive way to camo anything. but on a good note, put the boat on the water today just for a trial run. trolled around for about 45 minutes to an hour with no leaks. i got the piece for my motor, and got that running. i can take it out now, but its still not completely done. just dont have the money right now. im pretty excited about it. might go cruise a little bit tomorrow. probably wont even fish, but who knows

well she's finished for the most part. i need a seat mount for my other seat and a few more little things, but everything else is done. got the motor running. i'm taking it out next weekend probably. anyone have a good link to get sticker's made? got a close up of the paint job in there, i'll probably throw a lighter green in there eventually but i'm happy for now

Attachments

• 0801001523.jpg
    0801001523.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 799
  • 0801001506.jpg
    0801001506.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 799
alright well i'm pretty much done, i need to touch the paint up around the speakers and a few other spots, but for now im done. im gonna deck and carpet the floor when i get the money but it can wait. got the front seat, i figured thats the best way to do it without joining the diving team every time i stand on the deck. i'm pretty happy though. i need to clean all the foam and crap out of it but heres what i got. theres junk all over it so i'll get a full picture of it next time i take it out. but you get the idea

Attachments

• 0806001928.jpg
    0806001928.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 917
  • 0806001924.jpg
    0806001924.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 917
  • 0806001924a.jpg
    0806001924a.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 917
I found your post and surprised i didnt find it sooner.Your boat is lookin sweet! cant live without my radio(LL COOL J) Always have one for the good times and the bad times of boating.I love to listen to Kid Rock while im cruising to the honey ho.

i used my trolling motor 75% of the time today when i took it out just so i could listen to the music. i forgot to get a full picture of the boat. but today was terrible. i mean i knew i'd find a few things wrong when i took it out, but ****. first i broke the thing that the seat was mounted on. it was one of the few things that the previous owner did that i kept. should have redone it. the motor started right up but i shut it off and tried to start it back up and pulled the chord straight out of the motor. the cd player stopped working til i found the reset button. needless to say i made a new mount for the seat and fixed the pull chord somewhat but i still need to work. it will get finished right, for good tomorrow. just goes to show, never trust anyones design but your own.

well here are the final pics. still a few minor changes but i'm done for the most part. added the pole holders in the back, mounted the trolling motor on the front, touched up all the paint scuffs, and a few other small things. pictures kinda blurry, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 0808001245.jpg
    0808001245.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 883
  • 0808001244.jpg
    0808001244.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 883
  • 0808001244a.jpg
    0808001244a.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 883
Dude "Ye Olde Salt" turned out nice as hell.
LOL I gotta say man the Tunes on the tin is hell lol esp with the hide away head unit.

I'll keep putting pictures up of the little things i do to it. From what i can think of off the top of my head i still need a boat cover(next paycheck), another battery, a trolling motor wire extension(anyone know where to find this), the wood and more spar eurothane for the floor between the front and back seat(already have the carpet), automatic bilge pump, night lights, and i wanna get some fog lights to mount on the front with a switch box and fuse box for all the electronics, PVC for the live well i'm building in the front seat. I'm happy with it now but thats just a few additional things. today i lowered the front deck bc it was sitting above the boat and made it a little patriotic.

Attachments

• flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 838
  • flag2.jpg
    flag2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 838
Your rig turned out hella nice. Does the head unit and speaker use a lot of power? I was at LeJeune from 98-05. Semper fi brother, keep up the good work.

thanks man. it doesnt use too much, but im very cautious without another battery. i took it out just to mess around with the motor the other day and i broke the pull string so i trolled up about a mile to a rope swing and back listening to the cd player the whole time and when i got back and threw the battery on the charger it was still at 65%. i dont wanna test my luck and end up rowing back too far though.

LOL C'mon Gyrene that should be a walk in the park. Paddling upstream lol fully loaded boat.

I need to look into adding a fuse block and parts to the boat we run to.

Latest posts