14' V bottom conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Creed

Reaction score
After lurking here for years I finally decided to join up. I've loved reading through the conversions on here for quite some time now. Let me say that this isn't my first conversion/restoration/boat undertaking. I really enjoy doing this. I previously rebuilt a 1957 14' lonestar and loved it! The boat that I just picked up isn't going to be my personal fishing rig or anything. It's simply a "turn & burn" boat. I love to fix em up nice and sell em. That way I can keep getting more!!!

I'll add more details and the start to the conversion tonight. She is a little rough, but I got a great deal on it!!!

boat2.jpg

boat.jpg

Those are the only pictures I have right now. They came off of the craigslist ad. The benches in it are completely toast, so they'll be getting replaced. I'm open to suggestions on anything and everything that comes up.

Got the trailer stripped down and benches taken out of the boat. Note to self: never buy anything from someone who thinks they know how to weld. There's all kinds of sloppy weld jobs on the trailer. Nothing structural, and it will all be removed. This guy welded on angle steel for light brackets, 2 bolts for a spare tire carrier, and some other random crap. Not to bad mouth him, but he obviously couldn't weld the thin aluminum on these old boats. He tried to weld the benches on and cut through the aluminum. My plan is to put in nice wood benches using angle where the holes from the previous welds are for brackets. I'm gonna rivet in the angle and then use JB metal fill for the outside of the hole.

Pictures to come as soon as I get to work on it tonight!

Latest posts