1432 monark flats boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its been a little cold here around my neck of the woods but i guess you can always count on the sheephead! a nice 4.5 pounder. luckily the bull reds are still around but not as common as they were a couple months ago. im sure it will kick back off good around march or so. just working on getting the boat how i want it while i have time to think about something other than trying to outsmart some fish! lol

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 1,191
  • sheephead.jpg
    sheephead.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 1,191
Looking Good man!
I really like the jackplate idea.
I have been thinking of building one for my boat.
Why did you opt for the 7.5 over the 18?

The 18hp that i had on the boat was one that i picked up for 100 bux off a friend of mine and needless to say it was "tired". It was begining to be a money pit (i.e. working on it all week just to use it 2 days on the weekend). Anyway, i wanted something a little more dependable and it just happened to be a 7.5 honda! Now it starts on the first pull and i dont have to worry about breaking down in some back bayou and having to call my friend to come tow me back to the dock!

I understand you there.
I have a Evinrude 50Hp on my 1860 that is like that.
Itll run liike a champ at home on muffs,but put it in the water and it doesnt wanna do anything but act up.
I spend more time jackin with the boat than I do fishing.
My cousin says it just dont like river water.. #-o
Any how your boat is looking good, Keep us updated!

Hello, first time poster... I have a 1432 myself that is set up with low decking, 4hp, etc..
Jonboat1_zpscdbb31bc.jpg

I am planning to take it to Islamorada for Tarpon fishing in May, and wanted to get your opinion on if this is dumb or not?
I will only be fishing in the gulfside, and don't plan to be out when the weather looks crappy.

thanks

Latest posts