1542LW Tracker seat chop.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipper123

Reaction score
Tracker LW and was looking to see if anyone has cut the rear seat to leave a open area in the middle to walk thru and sit with out having to fold up one leg on the seat to run the motor. The seats in this boat are rivited to the floor all the way across and looks like it would keep the sides of the boat stiff so as not to flex. Was also wondering if any extra braces should be added to do this. Only run a 4HP motor and no plans to go larger. This set up works well for the skinny waters I mostly fish. I think Im going to cut both seats for a walk thru down the middle and put the livewell on the side.

Attachments

• cat tracker1.jpg
    cat tracker1.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 1,298
I've been inside that seat, placing a storage compartment. I don't know how much strength you'll lose if you remove the whole section... but I'll watch your chop with interest. :popcorn:

Attachments

• 012 (480x640).jpg
    012 (480x640).jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 1,219
  • 006 (640x480).jpg
    006 (640x480).jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 1,219
  • 005 (640x480).jpg
    005 (640x480).jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 1,219
I see from the picture that your new Tracker has the full ribs up the sides unlike most everyone previously built. They add a little more stability to the hull. Removing the seat from older Trackers would pretty much destroy the hull in short order as these boats have tremendous flex in the sides and floor. I would at least add new ribs where the seat was to make it as strong as possible just like other open floor boats. Maybe wait until the hull warranty is up before cutting on the boat. My 2011 has developed two bad cracks in areas that don't even really get stressed.

Love the Tempress seats. Thats one thing I cant skimp on and they keep us out on the water longer. My plan is to build side storage boxes down both sides so I will use thoes to add some side strenth. I only run 4HP motor so that takes a good bit of ware and tare off the hull. I may bolt on a mud motor from time to time that I plan to build but it will be only 3HP so not much in the way of over powering and plowing thru large waves. The water we fish is flat and skinny.

Thats good to hear I will be trying mine out Saturday

Attachments

• IMG_17389937061601.jpeg
    IMG_17389937061601.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,115
Finally got the nerv to pull out the cutoff wheel. It worked great and makes for a lot better fishing machine. I wonder if we still have a warranty :lol:

Attachments

• cat tracker5.jpg
    cat tracker5.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 827
  • catracker8.jpg
    catracker8.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 827
Cant tell much difference in structure boat still seems plenty stiff. The seat is riveted to the floor and I left about an inch all the way across. But it sure makes for better fishing.

Latest posts