16' Bay machine **Update**

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bashepard

Reaction score
I WANNA FISH! getting close

Anyone have any suggestions about routing cables under the floor(sole)?

Attachments

• DSCN0678.jpg
    DSCN0678.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,141
  • DSCN0679.jpg
    DSCN0679.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,141
  • DSCN0681.jpg
    DSCN0681.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,141
  • DSCN0684.jpg
    DSCN0684.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,141
  • DSCN0686.jpg
    DSCN0686.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,141
Looks like the tool box idea took off. Looks good. I see you are from this area, you been doing any fishing lately. We hit the Mobile River Sat and got on a pretty good trout and red bite.

rook said:
Looks like the tool box idea took off. Looks good. I see you are from this area, you been doing any fishing lately. We hit the Mobile River Sat and got on a pretty good trout and red bite.

Yea man, you had one of the best ideas ive seen!. I was looking for one deeper like yours, but i got that box off of a guy for 25 bucks. Kind of looks like a gas pump i think. heh. Just gotta clean it up and do the wiring.

Havent been fishing in a couple of weeks but when i did i went to dog river and pulled in several slot reds and some nice specs on live shrimp.

Do you have any tubing under your deck to run the wiring, or is it just crammed under there?

Nice work! Now that the front deck is in, do you think you'll those front two braces comimh off the gumwales towards the deck? Seems to me the curvature of the hull up forward, with the deck edge on the insdie of it would provide strenght and not need the braces. Just my thoughts, as the braces appear that they would be a trip-hazard. Maybe even eliminate all 4 of them up there, but then again, just my thoughts, and hard to tell looking at pics.

I have all the smaller wiring ran through a livewell hose (its just what I had lying around). I would def run them through something (wire tube, pvc, etc). The control cables and shift cables should be fine without any protection. Just remember if you are running a bottom machine to the console, keep the transducer cable by itself. It will pick up alot of interference if you run with all the other cables.

Waterwings said:
Nice work! Now that the front deck is in, do you think you'll those front two braces comimh off the gumwales towards the deck? Seems to me the curvature of the hull up forward, with the deck edge on the insdie of it would provide strenght and not need the braces. Just my thoughts, as the braces appear that they would be a trip-hazard. Maybe even eliminate all 4 of them up there, but then again, just my thoughts, and hard to tell looking at pics.

Yea one would think it'd be enough but the hull is made of such light gauge aluminum that i think if my little bro or some less experienced boater were at the helm and hit a pilon or a pier it would bend the gunwale like it was tin foil. I plan on adding a 1.5" oak rail around the inside of the gunwale so maybe that will add enough rigidity ro remove those supports.

Bashepard said:
Waterwings said:

Yea one would think it'd be enough but the hull is made of such light gauge aluminum that i think if my little bro or some less experienced boater were at the helm and hit a pilon or a pier it would bend the gunwale like it was tin foil. I plan on adding a 1.5" oak rail around the inside of the gunwale so maybe that will add enough rigidity ro remove those supports.

Just a thought I had, and I see your point. The oak rail sounds cool !

Latest posts