16' Sea Nymph resto

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nadornati

Reaction score
hey guys, just picked up this 16' sea nymph side console with a 30 horse Chrysler... here's some pics, i took the motor off and gettin ready to redo the transom this weekend.

Attachments

• Sea Nymph 1.jpg
    Sea Nymph 1.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 1,230
  • Sea Nymph 2.jpg
    Sea Nymph 2.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 1,230
I absolutely love that boat. The lines on the old Sea Nymphs are just classic for an aluminum V-hull ... nothing looks better in my opinion.

I also love the layout. With the console where it is, you can have a huge rear deck and a pretty darn big front deck ... and still have some low floor space and a comfy place to sit while running.

With a light-weight build and a good running 30HP, you should be running 30mph in that thing!!!

What are your plans?

well i plan on making the front and rear deck seat height... If you look at the pic, im going to have the rear deck from the last bench seat to the transom (appx 6ft), and the front deck start at the bench tht the consoles on, and go to the bow. basically rig it like a bass boat. Id really like to do the framing in aluminum for its lightweight but that may get expensive... whats your input?

I think I understand your idea, and its exactly what I would do.

I had a Grumman that was laid out just like yours. I only had a week to put some decks in it before a trip, so I just slapped it together .... here is what I did.

IMG_2426.JPG

IMG_2427.JPG

IMG_2428.JPG

If I had it to do over again, that rear floor should have been raised to be a rear deck, and set at seat level. It would have been super easy to do ... a few stringers like in the front and done.

Yours is a bit different because the rear bench has been removed. You will have to fashion a beam going from side to side as well as stringers going front to back. Fortunately though, you get to choose exactly how far back the deck goes .... you'll want to leave some open space back there for access to tanks, batteries and what not.

Honestly, if you leave the rest of the seats in, you won't need that much aluminum to do the bracing for the decks.

A lot depends on if you want storage in your decks with hatches ... storage is really nice, but it complicates the design quite a bit and adds a lot to the price.

nice build, mine will be similar, but im going to put a deck from the rear seat to the transom, seat height.

well im startin work on the trailer.. its gona need new leaf springs, and tires/wheel.. but that was expected so not to worry... hopefully ill have it done this week if not to busy with work..

Attachments

• mms_picture (2).jpg
    mms_picture (2).jpg
    292 KB · Views: 1,051

Latest posts