16' Valco V-Bottom Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mr. Green. Thanks! Im glad we helped with ideas. That's a great starter boat im sure its gonna turn out great. Just stick with it and it will be a great mod!

Bacarat said:
Well guys, The boat is all finished and ready for her first test run tommorow. We were able to spruce up the trailer and re carpet it. My buddy did an awesome custom paint job on the motor cap and we finished up all the loose ends for wiring etc. Got both fish-finders installed and all bilge pumping done. Also mounted up the anchor pulley. We got the seats all bolted in place and re greased the bearings in the boat trailer and gave everything one last good washing. We are officaly done with the conversion. Feels great to be done! Wow that was so much work, but it was well worth it for the end results. Below are the last batch of photos. Thanks again to Tinboats.net! :mrgreen:

"Great conversion"....but....no where did I see where you put in any flotation foam! This boat will float, but only until it takes on water from a large side wave, back wash or even listing to one side landing that big catch. Remember that you are now the manufacturer of this unit and are now liable for any accidents that may include drowning of any passenger(s). 'Just sayin' :!:

=D> Bacart just found your forum and might i say great job for 1st timers.
Also I'm a 1st timer and would like to follow some of your ideas like the flooring.

Not got the buget for all the toys though,could you please tell me how much lumber to buy? how many 2x4 and plywood what size 3/4 or ??

Also how high up was the frame from bottom? you were concerned about being stable your legs inches.

Also how much paint did you use? that is what i was going to use Rustoleum paint and primer ,but think i will roll on.

And the big Question did you tip over? :lol: due to the height
Again Great Job. =D> =D>

Toot
What about float device what due you suggest to use foam or sheets ?
Also due you put it just down the center or all over bottom?
Thanks Phil

Hi Fish N Phil,
Sorry this is a late response I haven't checked the forums in a while. The boat floats very stable at its current level, no problems at all walking from front to back or fishing from the front. I haven't had any issues from the lack of foam so far. For our boat we bought 4 large sheets of ply and about 9 2x4's (Been a while going off memory). We used about 15 cans of paint for the entire thing, two coats total. Hope this helps :)