16ft Mirrocraft V-hull build!!**Finished!!!**

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jasper60103 said:
moberg12 said:
jasper60103 said:
Wow, she looks clean. That 30 should push you along nicely. I'm jealous. :mrgreen:

Well I might be able to make you a good deal on a 35 hp Merc 8)

I think you'll be out bid on that one. [-o<

I sent a message to the seller and luckily they canceled my bid so I'm off the hook!!

Only one minor update.

built a rack to store my outboard while I continue work on the boat.

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

Grabbed the motor out of my Jeep just about got it onto the rack, then I almost dropped it so I put it back in the Jeep. So I called a buddy and bribed him with beer to come give me a hand.

The new transom is finished with 3 coats of spar varnish. Waiting on my Steelflex so I can start making more progress.

MassFisherman said:
Nice "rack" =D>

Thanks, I still need to make some adjustments. I built it to high, and I'm not happy with how the 2x6 is attached. Other than that the motor is on it, and it hasn't fallen yet :)

Update:
002-3.jpg

My steelflex has arrived so I can finally make some progress. I'm hoping to have this thing in the water by the end of September.

Got my steelflex yesterday and applied it tonight. Your cans arrived to you in better shape then mine. Mine were pretty beat up but all is good. Man thats some thick stuff!

moberg12,
you're going to really enjoy that 30hp. I had mine out yesterday for a lake test and boy did it fly.
Also, nice work on the stand and transom.

jasper60103 said:
moberg12,
you're going to really enjoy that 30hp. I had mine out yesterday for a lake test and boy did it fly.
Also, nice work on the stand and transom.

I'm looking forward to getting it in the water. I wasn't really planning on having a fast boat but I think I'll manage :D

I need to get the boat off the trailer so I can paint it and apply my steelflex. I purchased all the materials to build my decks yesterday. So as soon as the thing is painted I can get to work on the interior. The Durafix really hasn't worked out patching holes, by the time I get the boat hot enough to melt the rods it starts to warp the aluminum. If anyone has any ideas on what a good alternative would be let me know.

Haven't had much time to work on the boat the the radiator in my Jeep decided it was a good time to crap the bed :(. I also have a 24 hours of LeMons Race in less than a month and getting our car ready has taken away from my boat time. I do have a couple small updates though. The durafix wasn't getting the job done so I ordered this stuff https://www.biosafe-inc.com/marine_ep.htm it came highly recommended by bobberboy and I'm pleased with the results. I used the same process he did to apply it. I filled all 62 holes with it, someone should have taken the drill away from the previous owner!!

003-1.jpg

002-5.jpg

All sanded smooth I don't see this leaking again epecially after it's covered in paint or steelflex.

001-4.jpg

One small leak which I fixed with the epoxy. Water level got above the ribs but I only took one picture.

004-2.jpg

Most time consuming part of the build, Getting ready for paint/steelflex.

Okay we've got a long weekend coming up and even though I have several car projects on the books I am hoping to get the outside of the boat painted.

001-5.jpg

looking good! checking leaks was a great idea, but if your steel flexing it it won't matter. that stuff will seal you up tight for good. no more leaks!

Well no paint yet. I'm having a hard time finding time to work on the boat with a race coming up. But I have made a tiny bit of progress.

On to the pics:

001-6.jpg

002-6.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

About ready to turn her over so I can get ready for the steelflex. Maiden voyage definitely won't happen this month.

fragdemon said:
Looking good!! I maybe interested in the console if I think I can fit it in mine. Let me know if you still have it.

I think I already mentioned this, but I decided to keep the console. I'm fixing it up during my build for re-installation. Even though my motor is tiller arm, the console will give me somewhere to mount my switch panel and fish finder.

BTW I'm a huge fan of Charleston. I have lots of buddies down there, every year I make a trip down to go shrimping and catch spot tail.

Progress has been slow!! but I did find some time last weekend to get the boat painted.

74Mirrocraft001.jpg

74Mirrocraft003.jpg

74Mirrocraft005.jpg

74Mirrocraft008.jpg

74Mirrocraft010.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to get the steelfex on this weekend.

We've got Steelflex!! Man is this stuff a pain to work with!!

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

Soon as the Steelflex dries completely I'll bolt in the new transom and start work on getting the outside coated.

Progress feels good :D