1970 14' Smokercraft Semi V build. Updated 5 Feb 2012

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if you can put 3M 5200 over paint? Or does it have to be applied to bare metal? I am concerned about a few rivets, and this year, I want her WATERTIGHT! Last year I had a few small leaks. Maybe 6 ounces after 8 hours. But my boat is already painted.

If possible I would like to seal all the bottom rivets with 5200 and the spot paint over the 5200. I bought a couple cans of vehicle undercoating too, anyone have any experience with undercoating spray?

Bilge pump installation. Walmart had the pump and the install kit on clearance! :D

Its always scary drilling a 1" hole in your boat!

I will post a pic of the finished pump install when the bracket sealant dries.

Attachments

• photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    421.1 KB · Views: 513
  • photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    482.6 KB · Views: 513
  • photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    368.3 KB · Views: 513
  • photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    447.3 KB · Views: 513
I ordered some goodies on Amazon! I currently have clip on bow and stern lights. But it's time to upgrade! I have a blue top optima, so I am not worried about having enough juice, however, I went with the most conservative electrical choice, LEDs. They cost more but, they will sip the electricity, leaving plenty for the stereo, trolling motor, courtesy lighting (which I haven't bought yet), and bilge pump (if I need it).

Attachments

• Bow LED.jpg
    Bow LED.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 512
  • Stern LED.jpg
    Stern LED.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 512
  • fuse block.jpg
    fuse block.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 512
  • Switch Panel.jpg
    Switch Panel.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 512
Hey, nice haul. Do you mind if I ask what Wally world was clearing the bilge kit at? I still need to get mine.

The bilge pump was on. Clearance for $19.00 for an 800gph one. The install kit was $11.00. All you need is the marine sealant for the through hull fitting and to mount the pump base if you have nowhere to screw it in on the floor.

There is definitley nothing better than fishing with my son. I don't care much for video games and even though both of my kids play sports, I don't give a s**t about any professional or college sports other than fishing. As far as I'm concerned, fishing is even better than sex! I get to do it more and it lasts longer!

fishingmich said:
There is definitley nothing better than fishing with my son. I don't care much for video games and even though both of my kids play sports, I don't give a s**t about any professional or college sports other than fishing. As far as I'm concerned, fishing is even better than sex! I get to do it more and it lasts longer!

LMAO.......I may have to use that. That is awesome.

fishingmich said:

I read this to my wife...we were both baffled. And thought...maybe you aren't doing it right? ;)

Great job on the boat and I love that you can enjoy it with your kids. I feel the same way. We haven't got alot of time with them in the big scheme of things and what a great opportunity we have! I can't think of a $150 investment that has gone further than the boat/motor/trailer that we got this past summer.
Enjoy them while you can. Before you know it, they'll be off on their own! Our oldest graduates high school this year and off to college she goes. I never thought I would say this (and I'll deny it if asked), but it's gonna be weird without her around every day and I'm gonna miss her.
Jeremy

Great build! Your son will never forget the first time he painted a boat or caught a fish with his dad.

Now that's a seed worth planting. Way to be a great Dad!!! =D>

T.

Checked my Wally world today. They did have some clearance but no bilge pump...I may go check a different one tomorrow.

I did find a 100' of braided rope for $2.50 and a new fuel line setup for $12.50! I just paid over $40 for the same thing last week so I bought this one and will take the other back!

Latest posts