1970's Ouachita Semi V Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found some of those shrink wrap butt splicers at walmart. 3m makes them. nothing to update lately, still wiring the boat up. waiting on a negative terminal block. hopefully by the end of the weekend everything will be wired. i have my second seat post ordered by springfield.seat post.PNG
I also found color match seats so I'm pretty excited.boat seat.PNG

i chose to hook the radio up to a seperate battery. i ordered a 12Ah sealed lead battery through amazon. it was $26.

considering getting a solar panel and mounting it to the top of my outboard to prolong battery life. i know guys on sailboats use solar. anyone using a tin have one?

Got some more wiring done tonight. Radio works and the fog lights work. Wiring isnt fun because progress cant be seen.
The trolling motor is now mounted. It's a transom mount but I spun the head unit around and now it's a poor man's bow mount. A piece of 2x4 and 2x3x .1875" angle aluminum make up the bow mount.
20170310_193621.jpg20170310_193643.jpg20170310_193656.jpg20170310_193925.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Looking good. Those seats are going to set it off.
Also, I like how you mounted the switch panel. Good spot for it.

Finally got all the wiring done and cleaned the boat! used approximately 150Ft of wire to do it all. the second seat will be in today or tomorrow. Take a look and let me know what you think.ZP.jpgZQ.jpgZR.jpgZS.jpgZT.jpgZV.jpgZW.jpgZX.jpgZY.jpgZZ.jpg

Looks good. You did a great job. Can't wait to see it splashed.

How many rods can you get in that locker?

Stewart,

If they are well placed I can fit 6 rods in the locker. I cannot fit the 8 foot poles I have but they break down and I can stuff them at the very bottom.

Boat looks great. My only question is does the extra weight from the storage locker make any noticeable differences when cruising/ fishing as far as lean/tipping?

thank you,

we wanted to take out of this weekend but Kinzua Reservoir had a strong breeze and white caps so we didn't want to run it. the locker maybe weighs 15 pounds with the wood, carpet, glue. its not too bad I didn't anticipate it to cause any issue. once we get it on the water i will look for that specifically.

Finally ran the boat last night!
Not a single leak, we stayed high and dry. the boat sits level even with the rod locker full of poles and a small battery for the radio. with the 7.5 hp we were topping out at 10mph according to the GPS. doing a little plowing through the water with some spray coming from the bow. just as underpowered now as it was empty.

one design flaw was the trolling motor mount. after trailering it to the lake 2 times the 2x4 actually split where it was screwed to the angle aluminum, so we were unable to use it. gonna need something a little more sturdy or dont have it mounted while hauling to the lake.
ZZA.jpeg
I got a new fishin' buddy too! his name is Bear

Tman said:
Winter is at my doorstep at this point.

I decided to build a brace for my cover so the snow wouldnt build up on it.
a heat gun and some pvc pipe bent over my knee made some quick work of it.View attachment 1

And now tucked away in November 2016

I just pulled the boat out this week, I'm finializing the decking, fastening it down to the framing and will give it a good float test.
many unused compartments have been filled with the pink foam board found at the hardware store and quite a few cans of Great Stuff for the hard to reach areas.

lots of hardware to install, rod holds/cup holders/fishfinder/ etc.

I glazed over a lot of small details so feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer.

thanks guys!

nice looking boat and a cute pup to boot! awesome idea with the PVC, this is on my to do list :)

mtntop said:
Tman said:
Winter is at my doorstep at this point.

I decided to build a brace for my cover so the snow wouldnt build up on it.
a heat gun and some pvc pipe bent over my knee made some quick work of it.View attachment 1

And now tucked away in November 2016

I just pulled the boat out this week, I'm finializing the decking, fastening it down to the framing and will give it a good float test.
many unused compartments have been filled with the pink foam board found at the hardware store and quite a few cans of Great Stuff for the hard to reach areas.

lots of hardware to install, rod holds/cup holders/fishfinder/ etc.

I glazed over a lot of small details so feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer.

thanks guys!

nice looking boat and a cute pup to boot! awesome idea with the PVC, this is on my to do list :)
The clips to the rails are actually T joints that i cut a channel into. just slightly smaller than the rail so it clips on the rail instead of resting on it. worked well. we had lots of heavy snow this year and it held up very nicely.

Latest posts