1972 Starcraft - Full Circle

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webrx

Reaction score
Hi all,

Not my first tinny, and probably wont be my last :)

Long story short I started with a 10 ft tinny as my first boat, many years ago, threw it in the back of my pickup truck and had a 2.5 hp on the back.

Been up and down the boat road, from tin to fiberglass, and did some time on big ships as well (Retired Navy).

Here I am, back to tin again. Something about being able to move it around yourself, change motors easily, customize to the way I like to fish, etc.

1972 14' Starcraft Sea Scamp, 1977 Johnson 9.9, 1959 Selma (per the title)
Work in progress on both the boat and motor
Boat still needs a transom board, battery cables run to the front, lights installed and wired (bow and stern), and gotta fix a minor seepage near the bow (probably need some gluvit)

Motor has new impeller, seals, etc. Every time I fix something I find something else. She runs good, but has been neglected by the PO obviously. just ordered a new shift rod connector (found it cracked while doing the impeller), and a new thermostat and gasket (once I had water to the motor found a leaky gasket, when disassembled, found the thermostat in 3 pieces).

Tried to link some images, but I keep getting an unable to determine dimensions of the image error. guess I have to research that and figure out how to fix it so I can post pics from Pbase

Dave

Latest posts