1976 18x48 Ouachita Jon conversion, Pictures are back!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep in fact I already did. Cut it last night. Ah if I changed my mind its as simple as welding the piece back in, but I won't. As you can see its not sitting straight yet, still needs fine tuning.

PC010002.JPG

PC010005.JPG

And this what happens when they sit in the shop too long, catch all.

PC010007.JPG

Well I got back to work tonight. I got my deck re-enforced for the seat bases and the the riser carpeted and now I'm getting ready to do the deck carpet in the house it's a bit warmer in here. LOL I'll have some pics later. I'm really ready to get this done.

Good lookin progress. Keep workin at it and you'll get done in time for warmer weather to fish. :)

I got a little more done last night. Starting to think I will never get done. I sat there last night and made a mental list of what still needs to be done. Done by warm weather, not at the rate It's going. LOL Good thing is it's stayed water ready through alot of this interior build. I haven't had it wet since October, getting the itch to put it in the water someplace just because.

Got a little done today. Needed a lip for the hatch lid in the rear deck to close on so I made one up.

P1010090.jpg

Got it carpeted, my daughter said "look a picture frame with carpet" LOL

P1010091.jpg

Installed.

P1010104.jpg

Yep its just the .49 a square foot carpet from HD. My 14' v bottom has had it in it for quite a while even before I got it and it sat outside unprotected forever and has held up well. So I had no reservations using it in this boat.

thudpucker said:
Did that Cute little kid lose her teeth chewing that big hole, or how'd she chew that big hole without those teeth? 8)

LOL Poor kid they have been out for months. She has been to the dentist twice since and we keep asking and he says they'll come in when they are ready. All she wanted for Christmas was her 2 front teeth, but it didn't work out. :wink:

Waterwings said:
Great idea you had there, and the carpet work looks good! 8)

My Dad laid carpet for years didn't really think I picked much what little I helped him, I guess kids absorb alot more than you think. Cool thing in I have really enjoyed doing the carpet work, finished product is very rewarding. Not to mention I LOVE the smell of new carpet and carpet glue. Weird fetish I know but what can I say. :mrgreen:

Anyway thanks for the compliments, I'm rolling along now, I hope to have the rear deck DONE this week. Too stinking cold to be on the lake right now anyway not to mention that its still 13 feet over summer pool.

Latest posts