1984 Suzuki DT25

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverduck

Reaction score
Hi All,

First off, amazing site. I am just starting my build (16 foot Crestliner) but before I get to the Boat I am trying to get my motor in shape first. I bought a 25 hp Suzuki for 500 bucks and want to tune it up. I am not a motor expert and have zero experience working on them. I have looked at ton of posts and followed the advice found there before I bought the motor. COmpression was solid at 105 in each cylinder, motor has been maintained, reasonably clean, winterized, etc. The pee stream is a little sputtery so I know I should change the impellor. My issue is that determining the serial number on the motor. I have found the plate on top of the transom clamp and the only number I found there was DT25-20034. When I phoned the suzuki dealer I am told that this is not enough characters to be the serial number. There are no other numbers or letters on the plate with DT25-20034.

Is there somewhere else I should look? The one thing the dealer mentioned is I might have to go to the states for the parts ( I am in Canada). The guy I bought the motor from said it was an 84.

Can anyone offer some help who knows suzukis? Also, any other tips on what I should do to make sure it is ready for the water?

Chris