2 Humminbird Transducers~the same?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YamahaC40Guy

Reaction score
Hey guys, wondering if you can help me wade through this one. Last year, I bought/mounted/used a Humminbird PiranaMax215 fish finder. Pretty entry level, but effective unit. I've recently seen a Humminbird 525 in action, and think I "need" one of these instead. My question is this;

DO these 2 units use the same transducer? If so, it's a dead-easy switch and I'm going shopping. :D The next best scenario is that it would use a different transducer, but the exact same mounting bracket to hold it. (looking to avoid drilling/filling holes etc.) I have it mounted on the transom BTW.

Thanks for taking the time to respond..I hope you guys have some good news for me!

Cheers,
Rob

I have a 525 and like it! Look at the link below and sitting behind the 525 on the bow is a black cover (with Humminbird on it of course, lol). It's made of some stretchy mat'l and also has elastic around the open end, which fits around the back of the unit. I have that on when towing and it hasn't come off the unit yet. BPS through that in for free when I bought my unit, but the cover is actually inexpensive (probably why they were giving them away with the purchase of a FF, lol). But it's a decent cover to protect your investment.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/images/albums/userpics/depth_finder2.JPG

Thanks guys! I was hoping for a "yes"....but now it looks like this will be so easy to swap...I'll HAVE to get one. I'm hoping it will work better at speed, the 215 was good for about trolling speed. Any faster, and the fuzz/noise was too much.

Thanks again,
Rob

Now...for the next question....coming soon in this forum! lol

Latest posts