2 trolling motors?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerD

Reaction score
I'm looking at a purchase that includes two trolling motors. One is 24v bow mount and the other is 12v stern mount. Can I wire the batteries in series for the 24v and wire the batteries parallel for the 12v at the same time?

I thought about pulling off one of the batteries for the 12v, but I would prefer to keep the load on the two batteries the same. I really don't want to add a 4th battery (there is already a starter battery on board) to the boat. The stern troller would be a bonus I could do without. Perhaps a relay added to the wiring might make it work. I'll draw something up and post it.

Maybe after the switch for the stern motor, that 12volts opens a relay opening the circuit of the 24volt motor at the jumper between batteries?
Will I just use to much juice keeping the relay open?

I think you could run both the way you want as long as you are only running 1 at a time.

What about a regulater that makes 24v into 12 volts and it would pull evenly off both batterys

Latest posts