2001 Lund Nova 1860

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ta5teless

Reaction score
So here I am crusing CL and there she is.... The Meat Bucket..... What a name... That came right off as soon as I got to my shop.

Going to start the Mod Monday. I painted the inside Marsh Grass Tan to eliveate the hot foot in the summer. The Outside will be re done in OD Green and a slight camo job with a Saw Grass Stencile I found.

As for big Mod Plans, extending the front deck utilizing an aluminum profile from https://www.modtool.com My buddy owns the company. It's a greta profile, look him up!

A poling platform is in order, I dont know if I should weld it up myself or order one. I've seen a few places on this site that make them. What do they run?

I do plan on replacing the seat mounts. I want to run either 2 guys near the front side by side or a single in the middle. I can sit on the bench or stand with the extended tiller.

The Merc 50 4 stroke runs GREAT! **** near 40 with 2 heavy guys and gear.

I stalk the St Clair Flats (MI) for Bass, Pike, Carp and Musky. The Duck Blind will sit nicley for that season as well!!

I gotta do a DE-NAMING ceramony to rid it of that CHI.

Attachments

• DSC08716.jpg
    DSC08716.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 1,814
  • DSC08718.jpg
    DSC08718.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 1,814
  • DSC08723.jpg
    DSC08723.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 1,814
Nice boat but you're right, a bad name. Man, that's a good start to whatever you decide to do to it. I'm not much on the supernatural (or whatever you call it) but yes, you probably should do something to be rid or any potentially bad juju the name might have left on the boat. That cover is pretty sweet. Mine is making me crazy with all the stuff sticking up - seats, TM etc - and doesn't fit well at all. It's more of a sack thrown over a boat than a cover - like the moo moo's my neighbor used to wear. You could trailer that with the cover on and nothing would happen to it.

Nice boat.
I'm not that superstitious,well aleast when things are going right...
Bad Luck to change a name, better please Neptune..

The Cover is really decent! Nice and tight. I may have an issue trying to it on in my boat well, I can see myself falling in.

The name Goes! It has to.

I started the front deck. Not large by any means. 2' x the width. The Aluminum Profile from Modular Tool Rocks! Joe took a few measurments and tapped a few holes and in no time my 271lb hind end was jumping on a frame. A 39" hatch dead center and the side plates from carpeted wolminized 3/4". I HATE glueing carpet to decks, I use the boat to much and have to swap it out every couple of years. I was going to use undercoating but the oil base paint I used ate the undercoating...

I will put 1 seat mount in for now and see how that fares.

I'm in no hurry to drop this in the water. I have another boat but I will be taking her out the 19th to do some casting for Musky!!! More to come!

Here are some pics from yesterday.

Attachments

• FRAME (1).jpg
    FRAME (1).jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 1,626
  • FRAME (2).jpg
    FRAME (2).jpg
    268 KB · Views: 1,626
  • FRAME (3).jpg
    FRAME (3).jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 1,626
  • FRAME (4).jpg
    FRAME (4).jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 1,626
  • FRAME (5).jpg
    FRAME (5).jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 1,626
  • FRAME.jpg
    FRAME.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 1,626
Definitely looks sturdy enough. Some neat stuff your working with. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Google '80/20' it's extruded aluminum industrial framing. Uses steel threaded plates the fit into the slots. Lots of uses, gonna be a PITA to take apart once it starts to rust though, black oxide button head allen screws will rust solid in a month of sitting outside (been there). Pretty darned heavy per foot. You can get 1" stock and some 1"x2" is pretty common. Engineers like it, kind of like Legos on steroids. We have it on a bunch of machines for guarding, looks and works well until it get's bumped, then it falls apart.

I love the boat, nice open design. Have you thought about using the modular stuff for the poling platform? Seems it would work well there with a simple aluminum skin?

Jamie

I have thought about using it for the poling platform but You cant bend it. So I'm back to square on on that. As far as falling apart, no way this is strong stuff not the 80/20. This is thick walled stuff. Instead of using the sliders and inserts I actually drilled and tapped the extrusion and used stainless button caps. Works Great!!

As I said, the stuff from Modular Tooling is a thicker walled material. It is a bit heavier but worth it. I actually use it to build displays.

Modular Tooling Systems 248-789-7637

I found a stencile on Craigslist.. and used it to break up the paint on the gunnels as I plan on Duck hunting from this boat as well as Fly casting It originated from https://www.stencileease.com Pretty cool stuff for the do it your selfer...

Attachments

• IMAGE_363.jpg
    IMAGE_363.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 1,394
  • IMAGE_362.jpg
    IMAGE_362.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 1,394

Latest posts