**2011 Alumacraft 1236 MOD**

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inman59

Reaction score
Alright Guys,

I've popped in and out of the forums for the past few weeks and have decided to build another TINBOAT! The last 1436 I did got sold when I decided to get rid of some toys and buy a new house in this buyers home market!

I could not decide on what size boat I wanted to do since we fish in ponds, lakes, and rivers. But, the one thing I new I wanted to start with this time was a brand new tin! So, I started looking around and search Craigslist and I found a like new 2011 Alumacraft 1236. I know a 1236 isn’t very big so after a lot of thought… I’ve decided to go ahead and get the 1236 and try to find a larger one down the road. That way I can keep the 1236 for the small creeks and ponds we fish.

So, for the build plans:

Cut Both Seats (storage/live well)
Aluminum Floors
Move Floatation Foam under flooring
Carpet
Bow mount trolling motor

Since it is a 1236... I will be keeping things low and light as possible, so no casting decks.

I mainly plan to use this boat for Crappie fishing! Let the fun begin!

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,139
Just joined the site to get some ideas for a Starcraft 12' I want to add floors, seats, bow mounted trolling motor, etc like you are planning to do...

I haven't modified before so interested in how you are going to do the floors, the materials and how to get the floor between the front and middle benches level.

thanks

Some pics:

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

New updates:

Bought a like new 2009 Suzuki 2.5hp. I know its small but its light and what I wanted! Also in the picture you can see my Optima Red Top. I know its not the best for trolling but it was a blem we got for free from a sponsor for our racecar... So it will troll for now!

DSC_0495.jpg

I also started on the front seat. Cut the shape I wanted and started fitting somethings in!

DSC_0497.jpg

DSC_0498.jpg

New updates:

I finished the center seat cut out off with some door trim. I placed a piece of left over plywood I had lying around the house on a hinge so we could go fish last weekend. I plan to build the same piece out good ply and cover it in marine carpet. I have also mounted a fishfinder and Bow mount FC trolling motor. I also rewired the trailer and added new lights!

5Nb5Ke5Jf3F13Md3L3c4p10431165776e139f.jpg

boat3.jpg

ALso picked up a new boat:

photo-1.jpg