2011 SwimBait Challenge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richg99 said:
Is this one going to count? It is a 1970 or 80's Fred Arborgast big Bass lure.

4825289082_57c6f268bb.jpg

Yes, this one counts!

Nice fish! :beer:

Sweet. I am definitely going to get a few of the new Bass Pro Shops Lazer Eye Shad now. Can't beat the price either!
SHAD_p.jpg

Great Idea! I started tossing KGM Custom Baits - TW Swimmer last year with good success for smallmouth. These are headless soft body bait that when paired with a revenge swimbait head, makes a great rig. Most of my hookups have come using the Kokanee color.

This year i have plans on stepping up to the hard swimbaits.

Count me in! I just picked up a swimbait setup this winter and will be throwing Hudds, Matt Lures, and slammers. Maybe I'll even catch something. [-o<

richg99 said:
Is this one going to count? It is a 1970 or 80's Fred Arborgast big Bass lure.

I was told that this lure started the big bass catching in Southern California when it was used as a trolling bait for big stripers ... and then they caught a number of 12+ lb LM bass on it.

I used it last summer and caught my biggest LM Bass on a Southern Wisconsin lake ( where Outdoorsman lives! ). Whammmmm.. I thought I had a muskie on for a minute!

Rich

4825289082_57c6f268bb.jpg

I have one of these! I absolutely love it...mine is green and black though with an orange belly. I was going to post and ask if it counted, but I went to BPS and bought some Money Minnows and a Wake Shad just to be certain...

Ha Ha Nothing like a good excuse to add to our tackle boxes. I have so many that I don't know where the specific lures are now!

I promised myself that, during this week of "cold" weather down here...that I would "organize" my tackle. Nothing good has happened so far. regards,Rich

:twisted: Great idea, Jim. Count me in. I have been meaning to get into swimbaits for the past few years and I think this might be the push I need to get going. 8)

fish devil said:
:twisted: Great idea, Jim. Count me in. I have been meaning to get into swimbaits for the past few years and I think this might be the push I need to get going. 8)

Exactly what I wanted to hear.......I hope this is the push for allot of guys who have always been meaning to throw them.

Thanks! :beer:

Does it have to be bass or do redfish count?

Man, that mouse could sure do double duty as a baby nutria down in the marsh. Big reds will *nail* em!

Nice Jim...thanks for the contest. I started throwing swimbaits last year. Bought a box full of Tru-Tungsten swimmers at a huge discounted price ( I guess because they get horrible reviews). I only had one that didn't swim well, and they replaced it. I caught a handful of fish on them last year.

Can't wait to get on the water again!

where do you stand on foul hooked fish, do they count? got one in the back this morning after a short strike.

no biggie he wasnt very big anyways, first one ive manage to foul hook on a bbz shad though most short strikes dont get you anything with that bait. Also had my first snakehead of the year also a dink, i would post up some pics of both but when i try to email them to my self from my phone it say they the file doesnt exist, so i guess it didnt happen

Is this going to be strickly a fresh water tourney contest for black bass???? I take alot of (huge)red bass & sea trout on swim baits.

beamer1 said:
Is this going to be strickly a fresh water tourney contest for black bass???? I take alot of (huge)red bass & sea trout on swim baits.

Go for it - what is a red bass? I think the contest is for bass of all types so if you mean redfish (aka Red Drum) that would not be a bass

Captain Ahab said:
beamer1 said:

Go for it - what is a red bass? I think the contest is for bass of all types so if you mean redfish (aka Red Drum) that would not be a bass

Any fish goes as long as the lure is a "Swimbait".

Latest posts