2070 alweld

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amk

Reaction score
Finally got my boat from troutt and sons! Drove from south of Houston to st. James Missouri that was a trip. The boat is 20' long 70" wide center console with extended deck and I had a custom leaning post installed. I have a 30 gallon gas tank in the back. The boat is flat with no tunnel and has pods. Motor is a 200 hp optimax pro xs. Top speed is 43 so far but I haven't kept it pegged out long due to the motor being new as well as it gets kinda dicey feeling running that fast in a flat bottom. A lot of people have questions about pods and I was kind of concerned since I haven't seen them on jets but they work great the boat floats shallow planes quick and runs flat. I am extremely happy with the build.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 3,197
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 3,197
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 3,197
Now that right there is a dream boat for me.

What are your plans for rigging and use of the boat?

Rob

Looks great. Glad to see you went with the 200. 43 is a good number, you should be able to get 45+ when you get to really open it up. Those speeds in a flat bottom take some getting used to, it is fun though.

I will use it for everything really. Setting lines, hunting, gigging. Pretty much will be running matagorda and the Colorado in Texas with it. We do a lot of wade fishing here so it will get me to some back lakes and secluded spots I'm sure. I've already installed a 32" led light bar and gps I think I'm going to leave it as is for now.

One thing you will learn when you start pushing it to its limits, it will run shallower than smaller hulls. These wide hulls ride their own wake when it gets shallow and you have the power to do it. They will run through 2" water.

Does it still slide with the pods, or is it not as noticeable?

Sweet mother of ......

jayzus!

That's not a boat, that's a SHIP!!!

You know, a fold-down canopy, collapsing on the front deck, a collapsible cot, and a coleman stove would set you up to tour the rivers of the world.

justsayin'

Congratulations on getting your dreamboat. =D> =D> =D>

Broke her in right no monsters but they'll fry

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 2,983
dhoganjr said:
One thing you will learn when you start pushing it to its limits, it will run shallower than smaller hulls. These wide hulls ride their own wake when it gets shallow and you have the power to do it. They will run through 2" water.

Does it still slide with the pods, or is it not as noticeable?

It doesn't slide bad at all it really runs great.

Nice catch!

I always thought pods would limit the slide. I need to slide for a lot of places I run, wouldn't be able to get through them without it.

I think it's the runners on the bottom more so than the pods I had a flat smooth bottom boat with a surface drive motor and slid like crazy. So you run that shallow with no tunnel do you just trim the motor up real high for short bursts? Also how does that hydrofoil help performance I don't have one I guess because of the pods

When I get that shallow I trim it up a little and give it more throttle. It is usually just gravel in the places I get that shallow. There have been several times the bottom runners has touched and not made contact with the shoe.

Your pods will probably perform the same function as a whale tail. It keeps it from porpoising when you trim up while on plane and gives a better holeshot. I also like it when there is heavy chop or waves on the lake. I can bump the trim down, which pulls the bow down and cuts the waves better, also cuts down on cavitation. I can run faster and not get beat up as bad crossing the lake.

I'm sure Joe would have put one on there if he thought it needed it. On second thought, after looking at your transom again, I don't know if there would be enough room between the pods and a whale tail for steering.