'70s 14ft Lund mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint will certainly protect it from corrosion. I think the amount of corrosion depends on how old the PT wood is too. Lumber companies probably have different formulas for the PT process so that could also have an affect. Check out the Sylvan transom replacement thread in the boathouse, his transom was PT and it isn't pretty.

Wow! That transom was pretty rough! I think I'm still going to take my chances as I said before there wasn't any corrosion except on my pedestal. Thanks for making me aware anyway!

Aside from the PT debate. How did we do on the frame? It's my first mod so any ideas on how to improve on the work we did this weekend is greatly appreciated.....preferably before we lay down the plywood.

Framing looks pretty good. You may want to add some support to the angle that run the length of the hull. I would lay the plywood and see how much it flexes with you on it. You may not need it but a bit of extra support never hurts.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409705736.384863.jpg

I know it's been a long time, my boat has also been finished for quite a while minus the paint but I don't care. It fishes so much better since I remodeled it. The picture doesn't do it justice but I'll be uploading more by the end of the week. Let me know what you guys think!

I personally like the layout. ... the lower deck being barely raised must make it very stable

Yes it is a very stable setup, even when fishing from the casting deck. It's a dream moving around without having to step over benches.