70's lund 14' v-hull. ... first boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
're adjusted the tongue length and moved the axle for easier tilting of the trailer during a launch in shallow water. .. added and Attwood rod savers. .2 scotty baitcaster holdersI. .. a lowrance fish finder and the most important addition thus far... a cup holder for my coffee :)
20140908_200227.jpg
20140908_200321.jpg
20140908_200216.jpg

Rebuilt the carburetor and installed a new fuel pump..... just got some used red/gray/white starcraft seats.... took it out on lake Michigan. .... not recommended but she did incredibly well....

87tpita said:
Making some progress. .....need to figure out the easiest way to get the transom and lower hull back to a somewhat clean aluminum look.
Nice lookin' Lund!... You done a great job and it looks nice!.. I think the paint came out great too!

If you want to get the transom and the lower hull to shine, I will tell you what I have always done to aluminum..(just got done doing a 12' today)... But, it will take a little time and A LOT of elbow grease! :mrgreen:

I've done this to trim on camper doors too when doing a restore, and on other aluminum trim.

I don't know if anyone here has done this, or don't know what they will say... But it doesn't hurt the aluminum.

I use ''Brillo Pads''!... It takes a lot of rubbing, but it will look like new!

I buy the ''cheap'' Brillo Pads at the Dollar General store... You get 10 in a box for $1.00+tax! :mrgreen:

Do a test spot on the bottom, and see what you think!

Good-luck!