89' GameFisher 14' V MOD "Kinda Finished"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was able to handle the cold wind long enough to carpet the hatch and mount the handles. Great investment for less than $2 a piece. Still need to put my new hinges on along aswell as pick up some stainless steel screws and screw the deck back down. Also pictured is the switch panel. Nothing fancy

2013-03-02_15-05-39_136_zpse4d88f3b.jpg

2013-03-02_15-07-00_128_zps810b687b.jpg

well its finished for the time being, gonna hold off on painting the hull for now, still going to show that ugly trailer some love. im just ready to fish

painted and mounted my hinges today. only things left to do are get some thru hull fittings for the bilge. and mount a stern light (wiring is already finished just gotta plug up)

2013-03-04_16-24-33_368_zps57dd4081.jpg

2013-03-04_16-24-39_999_zps1ebda55f.jpg

wanted to see how some tackle and whatnot would fit... I like it. gonna keep me from lugging my tackle bag around. also gonna mount a Ruler on the inside of the big hatch

2013-03-04_16-26-12_295_zps8654b9bd.jpg

2013-03-04_16-24-59_686_zpsb8cb2496.jpg

2013-03-04_16-24-48_149_zps36ffba7e.jpg

Great work done. I really like it. Now are those seats those Bass Pro Shops 25 dollar special? If so, how are they?

ChitownBasser said:
Great work done. I really like it. Now are those seats those Bass Pro Shops 25 dollar special? If so, how are they?

not sure actually, i pulled the seats out of a Glass boat i bought last year for parts, they appear to be these "wise" seats that sell at walmart.. and yes i like them considering they were free. though id like to get something Beefier and with a higher back later on or on my next boat

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wise-Boat-Seat-Grey-Charcoal/15135510

Woke up this morning Happy... water levels are up, boat ramp is open, and my buddy was gonna drive up and hit the water hoping for first fish of the year. loaded my gear into the boat. hitched up and decided id go ahead and go fill up the boat and grab some oil while im waiting on my buddy to get up here. smooth sailing trailers pulling fine to gas station..

on the way home i start hearing screeching. then a cloud of smoke rises from the trailer and the explicatives start flowing :evil:. im only 3/4 of a mile from the house so i figure ill baby it home as there is no way im leaving my boat on the side of the road.. knowing theres nowhere in town to buy parts for the trailer..

1/2mile of skidmarks later im closing on home then POP tire goes flying in the air and i know im not fishing today. dragging rim for the last 1/4mile home. got home and pulled the hubs. i believe some fishing line wrapped around hte axle was the culprit as the seal was gone. 1 bearing was siezed and 1 was rusted through. so i went and got bearings for each side and had to drive to the next big town to get a rim/tire from tractor supply...

well i learned my lesson. the only thing i didnt have time to work on last year was the trailer. its ugly but it pulled straight and smooth.

shes all ready to go again tomorrow. hopefully things go smoothly and i make the whole 10min drive to the boat ramp without issue

2013-03-15_15-04-45_269_zps3ec20d96.jpg

2013-03-15_15-04-50_370_zps2d1e84c4.jpg

2013-03-15_16-06-48_208_zps5402200f.jpg

Thanks, i just used the cheap stuff at lowes. They sell it in 6x8' rolls i think? Cheap and east to replace if i ever need to.

was able to get out and do some fishing.. or should i say practice casting yesterday on the river. wind was blowing me all around so i spent most of the day trying to keep the boat from spinning in circles while my mom was fishing.. no bites.. bass catfish or even panfish :| . the water was freezing..

so that motivated me to finish shortening the shaft on my minnkota and get that thing mounted up. just used a simple box i made last year for mounting. i may make a nicer looking platform up front for the TM. gotta see if im gonna be able to balance up there since im a little top heavy

still gotta mount the TM plug on the deck and my circuit breaker underneath

2013-03-17_14-28-08_209_zps888adb86.jpg

Got the wiring finished up on the Minnkota edge and did an onwater test a few days ago. pulled the boat around great i was even able to stand on the front deck without going swimming haha. i think i could get comfortable up there after a few outings.

But im still planning on listing the boat here in the next few weeks and starting my next project. i think ive decided on a tracker topper 1542 as my next boat. very affordable. already have a spare trailer. shouldnt be hard at all to get it rigged up and flip it for a profit and keep working my way up towards a big tin

decided to help with resell that id invest $20 into the hideous trailer under my boat so i replaced all the bolts/nuts/washers since the rusty ones on the trailer were all different sizes and lenghts.. i should have it sanded and painted by end of the day

2013-04-02_18-15-38_475_zpsaf23289e.jpg

2013-04-02_18-15-45_599_zps698fb07a.jpg

couple hours of grinding and painting and it looks a Whole lot better. painted everything, made some new bunks since i had a 2x4 and some carpet laying around. redid the trailer wiring

3abc68d1-c76f-404d-96e5-5cd3d0f4fc4a_zpsdeadf4a3.jpg

2013-04-03_16-39-04_507_zps7692493f.jpg

2013-04-03_16-39-17_959_zps155e829d.jpg

2013-04-03_17-00-27_347_zpse5cf9572.jpg

glad I found this site. your build is exactly what I have in mind for my boat. the only thing I will be doing different is framing and decking in aluminum. you have done a superb job on the build. keep it up and happy fishing.

stinkbait85 said:
glad I found this site. your build is exactly what I have in mind for my boat. the only thing I will be doing different is framing and decking in aluminum. you have done a superb job on the build. keep it up and happy fishing.

I appreciate the compliment, Thanks

I love the mod Drift! Similar to what I am looking to do but I have to fix the crack in my transom first. I just picked up a 16' "homemade" fiberglass and the weather has been chilly to nice to freezing the next so working on it, since I do not have cover, is based off of the weather... sucks I know. Anyway I was wondering what was the paint you used on your trailer. My trailer looks a lot like yours and yours, now painted, looks awesome! And were did you pick up the carpet? I looked at some at Menards and it looks about the same. What else are you looking to do to it?

Action762 said:
I love the mod Drift! Similar to what I am looking to do but I have to fix the crack in my transom first. I just picked up a 16' "homemade" fiberglass and the weather has been chilly to nice to freezing the next so working on it, since I do not have cover, is based off of the weather... sucks I know. Anyway I was wondering what was the paint you used on your trailer. My trailer looks a lot like yours and yours, now painted, looks awesome! And were did you pick up the carpet? I looked at some at Menards and it looks about the same. What else are you looking to do to it?

Thanks the paint i used is just some rustoleum high heat paint since it was on sale at lowes. no surface rust yet, but i dont know how it will hold up over time.

I would recommend a brushed on paint of some sort. something thick so water wont penetrate and start rusting

Carpet i used was bought at lowes aswell. we dont have menards so im not sure if its same. but it sells in 6x8' rolls relatively cheap. and its held up well over the last year