Alumacraft 1670 HIN

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently bought an Alumacraft 1670 series from a guy in GA that I need to get registered in Florida. I am aware of the 12 digit HIN but my boat only has 10 digits

ACBF7408M8(-) digits deciphers fine except there looks like a dash at digit 11 and 12 (year&month)

I recently bought an Alumacraft 1670 series from a guy in GA that I need to get registered in Florida. I am aware of the 12 digit HIN but my boat only has 10 digits

ACBF7408M8(-) digits deciphers fine except there looks like a dash at digit 11 and 12 (year&month)
IMG_20240507_150907.jpgpicture of HIN tag

You're not alone for a short M series HIN. I've yet to stumble upon a reasonable explanation, but there seems to be quite a few out there.

For what it's worth, you're going to be between 1980 and 1984. (your '8' in the tenth position indicates the 1980s and the M Format ended in 1984)

The M Format is indicated by the letter 'M' in the ninth position, followed by the year, followed by a month code.
So your missing 11th and 12th is the single year number and the month letter. (I've known folks that have successfully registered just by randomly selecting the remaining spaces - having a letter at the end of an M code seems key to not having it kicked out)

Attachments

• HIN types and years.png
    HIN types and years.png
    177.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts