Alumacraft MV 1648 NCS - where to place the TM battery??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfreeman451

Reaction score
Any ideas on where to mount the battery for the trolling motor? I am thinking with a 40hp 2stroke motor, gas tank, and starting battery, theres too much back there and it needs to be moved to the bow. What i'm not so sure about is, where the best place to modify the deck is. If I put an access panel on the top of the deck I might not have room for a seat pedestal mount, and if I do it from the side sort of speak, I would probably have to cut up or remove the cubby hole thing.. has anyone dealt with this already, without extending the deck?

Looking for some inspiration..

I'm picking mine up next tuesday :D

And short of modifying the deck, you're probably looking at screwing down a battery box to the ribs or floor.

In my opinion, the existing deck isn't big enough to mount the seat base. I have the same boat and build a 17" deck extension. I mounted the base a few inches back from the end of the factory deck.

I hope I don't have to, I'll know in a few days..

I ended up cutting out the bottom of the cubby enough to drop the battery in. I put a piece of 2x4 on the floor and mounted a battery tray to that and the rib. With the battery strapped in it should be good. I also mounted a Minnkota 220 2 bank charger to the inside of the back of the cubby, behind the battery basically. I used a piece of 1x6 I think, between the alum and charger.

Latest posts