anchor light to low glare conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DenisD

Reaction score
Hi guys, haven't posted in a while but have been using boat. Gotta post pics when my 11yr old shows me how. Sad but true 8-[ I do have a question about converting a sea bowld anchor light to a low glare type of light. I remember seeing kits to do this back when the low glare heads first came out. But now I can't seem to find them anywhere. I like the light I have as it telescopes down and is easy to store and its paid for ( some of the new ones are kinda pricey) but my light shines in the boat, it's great for seeing in the boat but hard to see where you are going at night. Any help would be great.

You are talkin about your rear light of your boat? If so then here's your fix-
Go to vending machine.
Purchase 20oz bottle of Mtn. Dew or some kind of drink that has a green plastic bottle.
Drink.
Wash out bottle.
Cut top off bottle and remove label.
Place over light....this has worked for me for quite a while.
Hope it helped.

who pooted? said:
You are talkin about your rear light of your boat? If so then here's your fix-
Go to vending machine.
Purchase 20oz bottle of Mtn. Dew or some kind of drink that has a green plastic bottle.
Drink.
Wash out bottle.
Cut top off bottle and remove label.
Place over light....this has worked for me for quite a while.
Hope it helped.

Isn't your anchor light supposed to be white?

I've taken tape and just taped of a small area of the light that faces the inside of the boat. This cuts down the glare but others far away can still see.

Good point Cheeseball. I was just trying to fix problem....not exactly legal. We'll call it redneck retrofitting. Your idea would be most legal. I've always done mine this way because I'm usually the last boat in during a fishing trip. I'll have to try your way. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for the tips. I tried the tape idea, but it still threw a lot of light into the boat. So I bit the bullet and got a new folding light from Attwood, and the new base to go with it. Hurt the wallet, but what a difference in the amount of light in the boat. Now I'm ready for Catfish season =D> .

Latest posts