Another Crawdad..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AGREED!

Quick paint of what I was thinking. The black line in the back is approximately where I would like to move my seat forward to (~4"). The sidewall depth of the Crawdad is around 16". The area outlined in black would be the deck, figure I'd recess it at least 3-4" from the top frame rail. I know my battery(ies) are at least 12" tall so I'll have to keep it tall enough to clear them. The white line would be an approximate height. The top of the deck would have 2-3-4? compartments for batteries or whatever, I'll remove the front plastic/foam and the 2x4 with the anchor cleats obviously.

As far as what material to use I'm unsure. Weight is definitely a huge factor, but it has to be strong enough that if I feel like standing and casting it won't buckle (220lbs or so) I'll carpet it and use marine hardware from Overtons, not really concerned about that.

Attachments

• crawdadedit.JPG
    crawdadedit.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 699
No updates really, other than I'm picking up a 4.5hp Mercury 2 stroke a little later today. It appears to be mid/late 70's but it will work just fine for us

Big Pike from the other day

Just picked this up, anybody have an idea of year? I can get the serial number and more pics if needed. Thanks in advance.

Also the fuel lines are visibly gunked up/tarnished/dirty, how should I go about cleaning them? Or should I just replace it?