ANOTHER good use for wine corks....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Since my wife has been out of town for a while, I, somehow, accumulated some wine corks.

Whilst putting away some lures...I started to do the usual 15 minute untangling process, and remembered that there was a better way. Inside of an old tackle box that my uncle had, no lures were badly tangled. He, also, had a good use for wine corks...after he drank the wine, of course.

I think this process is best handled by a small band saw. I can't see a safe way to slice the corks with any other tool that I own. The corks best fit small, #8 and smaller hooks.

Sliced up properly, they make great hook guards, and the price is RIGHT!
regards, Rich

2012-04-20+15.15.21+resized.jpg

thats too funny... i just bought a sack full of lures, i'm trying to figure out how many bottles of wine i have to drink.

i'll probably cut them pretty thick, it's been a rough day...

Rich buys his wine and lures by the case...... :mrgreen:

What if your wine comes in a box??? :shock: :shock:

No really... Do the synthetic (plastic :sick:) corks work as well as real corks?

I think the plastic ones penetrate too easily compared to the real thing. But, for the price, they all work well enough. Rich

p.s What's your favorite box red?

Two buck Chuck is $3.00 around here. As far as box wine goes....there is a Black Box brand that tastes pretty darn good. Pricey compared to other box wines, though. Try it. Rich

Neat ideal. I don't drink but the local fabric and hobby store sells corks in differant sizes for all kinds of projects, I might try that.

Latest posts