Another Lowe 1436 Mod..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey thanks for the complements on my console. I saw the switch box on your mod and kinda made a hybrid version. In the compartment of that console I have a 12v / 8ah sealed lead acid battery that I power my FF with. I have a spare in there as well just in case I drain one.
Origanly I was going to go bench from bench with it and make a FF/drink holder, gun locker out of it.
But I decided against it since I always run trotlines in the spring and it would kinda get in my way.

Its been rainy for a couple of days now and my boat cover has collected quite a bit of water in it.
So I made a frame to hold the tarp up to allow the water to run off instead of pool up.
Heres an idea of whats going on with that. I used 3/4'' conduit and 1/4'' bolts to build the frame.

Attachments

• Tarp Frame.png
    Tarp Frame.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,177
  • iPhone pics 018.JPG
    iPhone pics 018.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,177
We'll today was a nice day here in Tx!
I got out on the water with the wife, it was her first time with me in Lowe.
We ran around the scenic route and fished a few spots.
My rewind starter rope got messed up,It got stuck out when I tried to fire up the Johnson and head back to the ramp #-o . Luckily I was able to wind it by hand and get started up, if I get a chance I will try to work on it tomorrow. We had fun though :lol: ! I will post some pics when I get them uploaded.

Well no pics my comp is acting up.
I managed to get my OB starter fixed.
I oiled it up and it acted like it wanted to retract, then I noticed my spring was trying to come out of the side of the housing for some reason. There is a notch that holds the spring , and it had poped out. Got that put back in place and everything works fine now!! 8)
Once the weather clears up I have a couple of lights and a switch panel to wire up as well as a 2d sonar to add.. Updates coming soon..

Hey Thanks!
I got the cup holder from Academy.
It came with the drain spout, gotta add your own hose on it tho.
My local store had the black and the white ones in store.
The only thing is use a light flexable hose with these.
Especially if your going to route it to the floor or something.
The spout seems kinda weak, but for $3.00 it's a good buy!
As you can see in the pics I ended up changing hoses.

https://m.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_12370_-1__true?N=581131734+4294967074

Awsome job! I love the layout, I have a boat similar to this one that I keep out at the lake. You have inspired my next project when ever I get done with the one I am on now, even though I am just starting on this one!

Thanks guys.
I am very happy with how it turned out.
So far it has been good to me!
Hopefully I can get some time off from work soon and put some fish in it.
When I do I will be sure to take pics, I know I need to post some action shots :lol:

I've been busy working and haven't had a chance to take the boat out lately.
I managed to get a motor stand built for my 18hp project motor.
I made it big enough to put a 55gal. barrel underneath it.
The fishing is really heating up down here in Tx, I am going to try to wet a line this weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    622.7 KB · Views: 1,007
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    743 KB · Views: 1,007
Hey great build... turning out very nice. I have 1436 which I am starting to work on. Just curious as to:

Where did you get those white clips for the Fish Finder wiring back to the transom?

What did you use to attach the white pieces to the transom?

Thanks man!
I got those from my dad. Not sure what they are called.
He said you can pick them up at most places that sell zip ties , they are normally on the same isle.
They have a tape like adhesive on the backside. Just make sure the surface you are putting them on is nice and clean. Hope this helps!

Been a while since I been on this site and checking out these great MODs! Excellent and clean job on your MOD, I really like the console you installed too. Nice!