Anyone have any insigh on this Tracker Jon boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drider

Reaction score
https://trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=3419

Hi all, I'm looking for insight on this particular jon boat^. I got my game plan, I'm kind of tried hunting for a used 12' Gregor, Valco, Western, alumacraft, wellcraft, etc aluminum boat (just boat) for sale in the used market. And I was quite surprise on the price for a new spanking Tracker Jon boat. So I was thinking heck $700-800 for something new fits my budget so why not buy a new boat, specifically the one made by Tracker called the Tracker Topper 14'. Further, this boat only weighs 113 lbs, so storage will not be an issue (just store it on the side of my house) and I can transport it behind my bed of my truck with a bed extender. So what do you guys think about this specific Jon boat I have my eyes on? Yay or nay? I'll be using it on lakes mostly with a trolling motor. And I forgot to ask beiong 53" wide is that enough for two anglers and a K9 to enjoy the waters? Let me know fellas.

Trackers are really popular boats and there are probably a lot of guys on here that can share their experience with them. Depending on what year model you purchase sometimes the dealer tacks on a delivery fee as well. The width you want to go by is on the floor. Though the gunnels might be 53" the floor is only 36" which really makes the big difference. The wider the better though you pay dearly for width in dollars.

The average 1436 has max cap at 600lbs and is perfect for two and is most stable when only one is standing at a time. If you are looking for an inexpensive new tin check out new Alumacraft's as well. They are in the same price bracket. I would have thought in your area there would be a huge boat market, esp on craigslist for second hand tins.

It is actually only 36'' wide. You measure the stability off of the bottom width, which is one of the most narrow models you will find. Very unstable if you ask me, especially if you plan on having another person AND a dog!

jeff

Thanks for the insight guys! I'll stick with hunting for a 12' aluminum boat then, something like my last Valco which was 65" wide!