around Polk County Florida

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloridaBassGirl

Reaction score
I haven't been for a a bit, but about 3 weeks ago, my youngest son, along with his cute little fiance, and I, went to one our little honey holes and KILLED on the spec!..... in just over 2-2 1/2 hours we took in 113! it was a decent day.. local reports are getting numbers like that all day long.

The awesome thing happening now is at Lake Gibson (a Florida state record for bass lake) The bass are krazy!

it is reporting 9-14 lb avg. on bass taken there for the past 2 weeks! I am so wanting to get out there..... If I manage up the ability to go, I Will post pics. I have NEVER fished there and not caught anything in my life! so any of you Tampa boys, or others close by.. Lake Gibson is where you need to be!

AND...... I believe Lake Gibson STILL holds the state record for Bass if I am not mistaken. :mrgreen: :D

YES Snook. make that detour for sure! :)

cole.manns... I bet you do, I haven't been to Okeechobee in YEARS! I love that area and used to fish and hunt in that area with my Daddy since I was a little girl. I need to make a trek down that way SOON! :mrgreen:

I have got to get some chores done here before I can go fishing again, then I plan on a nice 2 week (or so, until I run out of food or clean clothes) camping trip somewhere fun and where the fishin' is good!(I put myself on restriction until they are done ..lol)

we don't have enough water to drown a minnow in up here in Clermont. I might have to sneak down to Polk County and look for some specks.

lake toho down here in kissimmee where iam at is got some pretty good size bass comin outta there

It would be a thrill of a lifetime for me (in the middle part of the USA) to catch a LM at even 9 lb! Dang...that would be awesome!

Keep us posted if you get there...and don't forget your camera!