Badbaggers SeaArk 1872 Modification & Restoration Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thursday update. Ran down to the fabricator to drop off some hardware. They started late yesterday morning. They've got the rear bench storage areas cut out as you can see in the photos. They've also welded up a 3/16" plate in the center to mount my seat base up to. The bench is 88" long and 19" wide give or take so I'll end up with two storage compartments 30" long by about 16" wide. Made them short enough so I could open the lids on the storage boxes without having issues with the lids hitting the seats.

They got my anchor/storage cut out in the bow. It's 41" long and about 18" wide. This should give us plenty of storage. SeaArk builds a tank of a boat and that's pretty evident by looking at the photos BUT, they didn't offer much in the way of storage. They're going to make me a new fuel hatch as well. It's 41" wide but only has one latch to keep the hatch secured. All of the lids for the storage will have 2 latches so they'll stay secured.

They were bending up the drop in boxes for the rear bench storage when I was there an I'm sure all of the boxes for the rear bench and anchor locker will be done today. Once that's done and they're all welded into place, fab up some lids. The only two things remaining will be the stern lids to fab and then they'll tackle the side walls and a few other minor things such as the zinc anode bracket etc. I'm thinking they'll be done by Monday. They'll got a lot of boats scheduled to hit their facility and they get them in and right back out the door.

So far, so good for a days work.

Attachments

• 3web.jpg
    3web.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 1,371
  • 5web.jpg
    5web.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 1,371
  • 6web.jpg
    6web.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 1,371
  • 7web.jpg
    7web.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 1,371
  • 1web.jpg
    1web.jpg
    764.1 KB · Views: 1,371
Hey BB it looks great.

I think not having much storage on these tins is pretty common. I know some of the manufactures have realized that and now have made provisions for it. I see a lot more storage on the new stuff.
How much fuel capacity do you have? Is it a poly tank or aluminum? Looking good brother. =D>

Thanks Dave. Aluminum tank and 30 gallons so a full tank should give me a pretty good range. I'm with ya on the lack of storage. The only tin I've owned with adequate storage (kind of sorta) is the 19' G3. Still never enough so I added a bit more into this tin. Going to set up the linex trip this afternoon as well as paint. If I can manage to make those happen by say mid-March, it'll be time to hang the Etec.

That’s great,

I feel my timeline of the bottom and of March is still doable. Not the end of the world if not but if you don’t keep pushing ahead you get behind. These things don’t build themselves. :LOL2:

You're right and planning and timing is everything. Timing wise, I got lucky. Sold my G3 today for a Walmart bag full of $100 bills and watched her pull away about 1 pm. This will let me move a bit faster since I've got a bit of free cash. Missed the call from my Linex connection.... going to see about pulling the Etec next Wed or Thursday and if the schedules work, the following Wed the 6th I'm hoping to make a run down to Sarasota to drop the boat for Linex and paint. Leaving some time for unknown scheduling issues, I'm shooting for a ready to splash time frame of the last week of March. If not, it won't be much later than that. It's all about making sure it's done right.

Badbagger said:
You're right and planning and timing is everything. Timing wise, I got lucky. Sold my G3 today for a Walmart bag full of $100 bills and watched her pull away about 1 pm. This will let me move a bit faster since I've got a bit of free cash. Missed the call from my Linex connection.... going to see about pulling the Etec next Wed or Thursday and if the schedules work, the following Wed the 6th I'm hoping to make a run down to Sarasota to drop the boat for Linex and paint. Leaving some time for unknown scheduling issues, I'm shooting for a ready to splash time frame of the last week of March. If not, it won't be much later than that. It's all about making sure it's done right.

Hey man that’s cool,
Always feels good to have a little more cash in your pocket to put towards the project. :mrgreen:

That it does.. a lot more lol. Picked out the seats. As luck has it, Amazon has 1 in stock so have to wait it out. Photo attached and hope to see more on the fab work on Monday. Meanwhile finalizing some painting quotes today if possible.

Attachments

• 41xt4EUKW6L.jpg
    41xt4EUKW6L.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,322
Picked up a really decent deal on a Minn Kota Riptide Trolling Motor 24V 80 Thrust from a local forum member. 2011 Motor for $450.
Getting it together.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 1,311
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 1,311
Very nice,
I have a 12V 55 thrust MINN KOTA RIPTIDE. It should bush the 17 around pretty good. :D

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    246.8 KB · Views: 1,303
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 1,303
Ok guys I will see your riptides and raise you with my human power trolling motors........ :mrgreen:

Attachments

• cane pole.jpg
    cane pole.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,298
  • oars.jpg
    oars.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,298
Lol, paddle power.

Little update. Photos from the fabricator earlier this morning. They're working at a decent pace and dealing with torrential rains here so a good day to work inside the shop on the beast. The fabbed up my trolling motor bracket. Thankfully they hadn't started based on the old dimensions for a larger motor, still would have worked. The have also fabbed up the boxes for the rear bench seat storage so that's all but complete. They will be done either Wednesday or Thursday if all goes according to plan.

Just need to wrap up the anchor box, stern lids and side panels and a few odds and ends.

Attachments

• Alum-boxes-5.jpg
    Alum-boxes-5.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 1,286
  • Alum-boxes-1.jpg
    Alum-boxes-1.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 1,286
  • Alum-boxes-2.jpg
    Alum-boxes-2.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 1,286
  • Alum-boxes-3.jpg
    Alum-boxes-3.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 1,286
  • Alum-boxes-4.jpg
    Alum-boxes-4.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 1,286
  • Alum-boxes-7.jpg
    Alum-boxes-7.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 1,286
  • Trolling-motor-bracket-1.jpg
    Trolling-motor-bracket-1.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 1,286
  • Trolling-motor-bracket-2.jpg
    Trolling-motor-bracket-2.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 1,286
Here's some pics only minutes old. Getting there! Boat headed to Sarasota on March 13th and Linex will be done for the 20th. Off to paint on March 21st and within a week or 10 days from that, hang the Etec. WOOT!

Attachments

• weld.jpg
    weld.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 1,274
  • weld1.jpg
    weld1.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 1,274
  • weld2.jpg
    weld2.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 1,274
Hey thanks Dave. Just in from working my 8 hours lol. The entire inside of the boat inclusive of storage boxes etc will be in Linex. No carpeting.