baitcasting reel opinion needed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmech

Reaction score
I have a co workier selling 7 baitcasting reels. all are 5 years old paid around 100 bucks each for them. 3 are abu garcia with the magnetic brake and the other are shimano and some other brand, with the knobs. I want to buy 1 which do you prefer for a beginner baitcaster. Thanks

Models would help me on which I'd suggest. If he's selling them for 1/2 price or less, I'd say any of them, but having the magnetic brake adjustment would be a plus for me.

Yeah they are 1/2 price and never been on a pole. We looked them up a few weeks ago but i forget the model numbers.

:twisted: You need to find out which is the best quality reel. Since you are a beginner the better reel will make learning easier, Good Luck.

Ok. I have the reels at home. Here are the model numbers. I think they are all from 2004. One is a pinnacle PK10. Two are shimmano citica. CI200. And four are abu garcia 5600D5. Let me know what they are worth. They have never been on a pole. And what would be good for a beginer baitcaster. Thanks

I would definitely go with the Citica. Those older Shimano reels are tough to beat. I still have a couple that work better than some of the newer reels I have bought.

chrispy186 said:
I would definitely go with the Citica. Those older Shimano reels are tough to beat. I still have a couple that work better than some of the newer reels I have bought.

:twisted: Right on!!!! One of the best "bang for the buck" reels on the market.

Cool, what would you pay for a new never on the pole citica from 2004. would you give 50 bucks or are they worth less. thanks.. After having them here i like the shimano too.

yeah thats a good deal. the new ones are actually not as good as the older ones. I have 4 older ones from mid 2006-2010 and they are a great reel for anyone. good fishing you will love them once you get a little practice