Bass boat crash

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man you know when you watch it and you see ol boy fly into the boat then roll out of it - I thought for sure he was toast.

"Do you drive 40 mph on the interstate?"

No, But an automobile has brakes, seat belts, airbags, and a whole lot of metal that provides a little more protection than the open cockpit of a ridiculously fast bass rocket. In closing, I know there are two side of every story. And everything fun comes with a certain amount of risk. It boils down to how much of a risk a person wants to take for their fun.

I think another reason for the high speed boats would be professional tournament fishing...Big water, big money at stake, the more area you can cover the better chance of winning...

I have owned a boat the would top out about 70 mph..(17ft Monark with 150 HP Merc)..real scary speed on the water...eyes water to a point of almost not being ablle to see (think of sticking your head out the window doing 70 in a car)...I have heard some of the new bass boats with the 250+ hp will hit 100 mph.....Way too fast for me....

As far as the video....I notice the boat bouncing and rocking pretty good even before he hit the wake.....that would have been the time to slow her down....bad judgement maybe trying to "look good" for the camera.....

Outdoorsman.

Edited to clarify....I do not own the boat anymore...My current 17 ft. Bass Tracker Mod -V with 50 hp Mrec does me just fine.....

Attachments

• Boat.jpg
    Boat.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 401
I currently own a 70mph+ (true gps speeds) bassboat, and have owned them for the last 20+ years. I consider myself a very experienced "high speed" driver, and would NEVER try what Greg tried there. To hit a wake the angle that he did, and the speed he did it at, and especially at a high trimmed motor position that he did, is only asking for trouble.
I would not consider Greg an experienced driver at all. From this incident, he deifnately has gained experience though! #-o

JMHO,

Jeff :wink:

Funny thing about experience, you gain it by making mistakes. as the old saying goes, hindsight is 20/20.

Every one of us has fallen off our bike a time or two. Yet you ride em anyway.

You'll shoot your eye out.

Carefull fire is hot and it burns, yep we have all learned lessons the hard way.

Careful about throwing stones in your glass house people!

Hanr3 said:
Careful about throwing stones in your glass house people!

yep!
Note: NEVER build a glass house, and NEVER go over a boat wake at the angle/speed/trim setting done in this video! [-X

:beer:

Question?

Why was this posted? Was there an association with somebody on this site? Did not clearly see why. Was it just a finding on you tube and a" hey look at this"?

I,m a newb to the site but no newb to high speed boating and other motor sports with a few hard mishaps that will make you think before doing it again.

My $.02 worth, hind site is 20/20 and everyone has an opinion.

They defiantly were not a novice, they did gain a lot more experience the hard way. Tether cord was used and a pfd device, that was good. Could of been a better choice on the pfd device though.

I have had the unwanted opportunity to witness worse. Prepare for the crash and not the drive/ride when playing hard.
And with the more times you doing it the greater the chance of a mishap.

Still just fascinates me of the punishment some of these machines and human body's can actually take.

Latest posts