BASSTACKLEDEPOT 15% off Everything Sale

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok.. here's about a 10min later update. I just tried a different email for login on their website, and found the order (funny, I never use that email addy for this stuff, but anyways)... it's still "In-Process".. But for an order of this size (as are most of my orders :shock: ) you'd think they'd want you to be a repeat customer...

btdorder.JPG

I always try to be the optimist... until it gets close to Tournament time (this saturday) and the stuff I need isn't here yet - and it's too late to order from somewhere else.

Thank goodness I buy in bulk when I buy baits... but I only have 4 grubs left that are 5" and hard to find.

russ010 said:
well... I have had problems in the past with them - but I thought things might have changed and placed an order with them July 6. It's July 16, and I've not received anything - no emails stating shipping, nor is the order on my "account" page as showing as a transaction. The only thing I have is an automated email showing what I ordered. Checked PayPal and they accepted the money...

Back in December, I ordered a few things, and every single soft plastic I ordered came in the wrong color. I called them (no answer), sent an email (no response) and did it numerous times (this was more than a $100 order). Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are a sponsor, but it's not a good way to keep customers, and it's the main reason I use Tackle Warehouse for all of my west coast ordering. I know I will get it exactly 5 business days from the day I order. I'm still trying to get them to sponsor! So with that being said, if you order from them input this little message in the comments section:
"I'm a member of https://www.tinboats.net, and I am one of your most frequent customers. I would appreciate you taking the time to check out the site, and think about sponsoring them. It's a minimal fee, and you can get 3 months of advertising to fisherman who are loyal customers to the sites' sponsors. Bass Tackle Depot has just joined, so it can't hurt to join the competition."

You can write anything you want, but anytime you order off line, insert a little message about tinboats at any website you visit... you never know what sponsor may be "lurking" behind the scenes.

James,

Your order was placed on hold due to an out of stock item which was the largest part of your order. Even though we stated no back orders or rain checks we chose to hold your order and give you the 20% discount on this item and it will be shipping today as it is now in stock. You should have received an e-mail explaining this and I apologize if you did not. You can always reach us by phone during business hours 1-800-591-7171 and there is always someone there to answer during store hours as we have several lines.

We had hundreds of orders come through on the Independence Day Sale and there was a longer delay on some orders than normal. 99% of orders were completed timely but we sincerely apologize to those that had a longer wait or that due to the large volume of sales some items were out of stock.

At BassTackleDepot we appreciate your business and once again we apologize for your problems. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction!

Thanks for the reply BTD. I don't make it my standard to question what is going on, but when I make orders, it's because money is on the line and these are the necessary items that I need to fish tournaments. I try my best to use Tinboats.net sponsors when I can, but I also need dependability when I spend this much money on simple things.

An update of any sort would have been nice (I didn't receive anything), and should have been the normal procedure - and I understand Independence Day was a busy time for business, but at the same time there should be some acknowledgement sent that stated shipping times may be delayed due to overwhelming orders placed. I'm not telling you how to run your business, but at the same time these are the little things that I personally look at when I give someone my repeated business. I spend anywhere between $200-$500 per month just on lures and the occasional rod and reel. Being kept in limbo about my order forced me to order the same order with another company because I knew I would have it in a timely manner. The reason I buy a lot of this stuff online is because my local tackle shops either don't stock it or I'm trying to help out the sponsors here.

Thanks again for updating the order, and I should have this by my next tournament next weekend, even though I ordered it for the tx this weekend. I'll place more orders with you in the future, but unfortunately it will not be a time crunch order. With me, once you lose the trust, you have to gain it back. Your comments above were the first step in gaining back my confidence.

Latest posts