Batteries.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
allstate48 said:
Would you tell me the difference between maintainence free, and a flooded battery? Don't they both have acid in them? Thanks Doug

Yes.Flooded lead acid requires periodic check of the electrolite solution and adding water as needed.Maintainence free doesn't usually loose it's electrolite solution or need any maintainence,like the one in modern automobiles.

Thanks, I didn't know they made the flooded ones anymore.I don't buy many batteries.We have a 97 Alumicraft, and my first set of deep cells lasted 9 years.Hope the ones now last that long. Back to the flooded ones. Isn't there a better chance they would spill acid out, more than the sealed ones? Big lakes, mean big waves. Thanks Doug

Speaking of batteries, for those who have their boats inactive for the [winter] season, are you guys doing periodic maintenance charges on your batts? Just plugged mine in to "top" them off while the boat sits for the winter.

Batts topped off, and only took about 40 minutes. I consider that a decent maintenance time as I haven't charged the batteries since the last time I had the boat out, which around October as I recall.

Can't remember if this has been posted before, but will post it anyway. It's a neat tips section by Trojan Battery concerning...................battery maitntenance! :)

https://www.trojanbattery.com/Tech-Support/BatteryMaintenance.aspx

Latest posts